• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Earthquake in New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family are over there in Wellington, but think my cousin goes to uni in Christchurch - am worried now

My family are over there in Wellington, but think my cousin goes to uni in Christchurch - am worried now

Oh love i'm sorry, i do hope they will be fine :)
Can you send them a text? They said that the phone lines etc.. are down in some parts so you might have problems getting thru. Often they'll setup a 'hotline' that you can call, watch out for this info

HUGGLES xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just checked my cousins facebook again and yes it is Christchurch, have sent her a message there but will text my Dad and ask him to phone the house and check all is ok with her as guessing they'll be ok in Wellington- looks awful, really hope she's alright.

Have just heard off her brother (who's in Australia) that she's fine and hanging out in a doorway avoiding the aftershocks!

Awful news. Really don't know what's happening in the world today. Hope there are no more fatalities. xx

theres so many natural disasters ): sending my love out to all the families and hope there all safe

they've found a new planet behind pluto though that they think its the cause for all the stuff thats happening

My Aunt's (my mums brothers wife) family emigrated to Christchurch 40 years ago. They are all fine but their house is badly damaged; the foundations have shifted and anything that was breakable is broken. My cousin's house is unsafe and they are worried about a landslide so they have moved in with the in-laws for the time being. We're just thankful they're all unharmed.

I have 2 aunts living in New Zealand. One lives in Nelson and she is fine and the other lives in Christchurch and she is ok as well. I was really upset when i heard this on the news this morning.

My OH has family in New Zealand! I'll have to make sure they're ok as he doesn't know where they live mallethead. How horrible for everyone involved :(

I hope that everyone here that has family has now heard from them and that they're all safe xx>>>xx>>>xx>>>

The news coming out of NZ is just horrific 8...8...8...
THere's a lady who's trapped under her desk in a building and the building has partially collapsed..........i hope they get to her soon :...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back