• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Edwards lost weight 😞

Aw poor Edward, although it’s not a huge amount I would keep a keen eye on his weight. Hope he puts it back on soon Claire x

Edward was 1015g last week. Today he is weighing in at 970g :( Should I worry?

He’s still eating, drinking and pooing as normal

Hi!

We measure weight loss only from 50g onward as the difference between a full and an empty bladder is about 10g and the difference between a full and the difference before and after a veg meal can make between 30-40g.

Keep an eye on him (without obsessive weighing as the swings get the larger the more often you weigh) in the coming days to see whether the weight loss is continuing or not but right now without any other symptoms it is not a big concern.

All the best for Edward 👍. Hope he is OK bless him x

Dots weight shifts between 960g to 1kg a lot. I wouldn't worry too much, but just keep checking him daily like mentioned above 👍

Hi there! I am having the same issue with my Mango. I am thinking about vet visit but I don't want to stress him out. If you have any update please share!

Please take Mango to the vet for a checkup if you’re concerned. My Edward hasn’t lost any weight since Sunday but I am keeping a close eye on him

Glad Edward hasn’t lost any more, hopefully it’ll be back on at next weigh in! Jess likes to worry me with hers too! xx

Finger crossed this comes to nothing and Edwards makes up the little bit of lost weight soon!

Aw I hope Edward (and Mango) are ok!
The "dropping below a kilo" thing has a big psychological impact on us hoomans, even if it isnt clinically significant for the piggy!
I remember big Jezzy dropping below a kilo after she had baytril and both me and the vet panicked, she was still 960 plus grams but... less than a kilo for the first time ever! This was when the vet first recommended grated sweet potato to me, and I had read about porridge oats on the forum, so we soon bulked Jezzy back up. But if there's nothing to link the weight loss to like stress or antibiotics just keep a close eye and keep up regular weighing, and if the weight loss continues see the vet- otherwise if you happen to accidentally serve a teaspoonful or two of grated sweet potato or carrots or apple with a few porridge oats once or twice this week it probably wouldn't do any harm as an occasional treat and might help your own peace of mind! x

Hello. Since her op. . Florence went from 1120 to under 1000 and then week after 950 and course I feared the worse. . Oats and time she's kept it to around 950 to 1000.
Give Edward some oats and Treats great he's eating and getting on. Here lass if you need anything etc. Xx

Back