• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Elizabeth

piggyme234

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Elizabeth unfortunately lost her fight on Monday. On top of heart failure and lymphoma she developed a tooth abscess, probably a result of a compromised immune system. She was still trying to eat but struggling to do so and must have been in pain even if she didn't show it. We had an appointment scheduled in Northampton anyway for Toby who had also developed a dental abscess and Kim took a look at Beth too. Last Friday when we went she was still bouncing around and asking for food. Over the weekend she deteriorated and on Monday it was obvious when we got there that she was so tired and she just lay down on the table. I gave her a cuddle and she snuggled under my chin with Jemima on the other side and we decided it was best to let her go.
It has been really sad going to work without them this week. Elizabeth and Jemima had been coming in with me so that Beth could have her afternoon medicines on time. I walked in on Tuesday morning, went to slide my name in on the board and didn't have to juggle bags and carriers which reminded me they weren't there and I burst into tears.

IMAG0332.jpg
Baby Beth with Daddy at 8 weeks

IMG_20190106_023156.jpg
Snuggled in bed last year before she was poorly.
IMG_20190106_161708.jpg
Checking what I am writing about her a few months ago

Aw, I’m so sorry that you have lost your little lady, she was a beauty x
Sleep tight little one x

I am so sorry for your loss. We build up such a special bond with piggies who need extra care and treatment and we become so used to their routine. It comes as a real bump when they finally tell us it’s their time to go and we can stop doing all those things for them. You gave her the best life and she was beautifully cared for right up til the end. You loved her enough to let her go. That is the toughest decision made with such love. Hugs to you. Popcorn free Elizabeth xx

Oh gosh, I am really so sorry for the loss of your gorgeous little lady, you gave her a life so very full of love and affection, in time the pain will fade and be replaced with happy memories. Massive hugs x

Sleep well pretty lady

RIP Elizabeth
x x

I am so sorry for your loss!

Elizabeth was a gorgeous girl; and you have fought hard for her.

HUGS

Back