• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

End Of The World...

Sonnet

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
This was the road leading to the donkey sanctuary I volunteer at this morning. Normally there are cars whizzing past, and since this is Cornwall, there's no pavement to walk on either! However, as can be seen from the photos, it snowed yesterday/early this morning. Was amazing. The road hadn't been gritted, so there was absolutely no traffic.

27788498_10156246093048319_5904509452339141244_o.jpg

27629089_10156246092968319_4112139232323517729_o.jpg

27629519_10156246092768319_8888180875254404819_o.jpg

That is so gorgeous, you are so lucky to be living in such a beautiful part of the country. Hope the donkeys were okay with the snow.
When I first moved to Cornwall in July 1990 I was told it never snows in Cornwall by my Cornish husband. That winter we were snowed in the village for over a week, the very steep hills were impossible to navigate until the snow thawed. The snow settled on the beach down to the high tide mark, it was very pretty.

Thanks!

That is so gorgeous, you are so lucky to be living in such a beautiful part of the country. Hope the donkeys were okay with the snow.
When I first moved to Cornwall in July 1990 I was told it never snows in Cornwall by my Cornish husband. That winter we were snowed in the village for over a week, the very steep hills were impossible to navigate until the snow thawed. The snow settled on the beach down to the high tide mark, it was very pretty.

Don't think the donkeys were very impressed when it was actually snowing, but they loved playing in it this morning! I've been in Cornwall two years now, and this is the first snow I've seen. One or two of the other volunteers couldn't actually get to the sanctuary since the roads hadn't been gritted/there were cars sliding around all over the place.

A beautiful sight. We do forget how stunning Britain can be.

Pleased the donkeys enjoyed the morning playing in the snow.

Wow such beautiful photo's!

Thank you!

Wow, what a beautiful part of the country

It is, yes. Bit busy in the summer when the tourists come in hoards!

Gorgeous. I love the snow (as long as I don't have to go anywhere).

Yeah, didn't really enjoy the walk up since it was dark, and couldn't tell if there were any icy patches.

I love Falmouth, my Son was at Uni there :)

It is a nice place to live. I'm not a fan of all the tourists who come here though.

What lovely photos. They don't look as if they are in their forties. It must be the care they get at the sanctuary.

I'm sure it is the care! Neither of them were in particularly good condition when they arrived. In fact, Marybelle was the first donkey to arrive there, and apparently it was touch and go as to if she was going to survive or not. But pull through she did.

It is a nice place to live. I'm not a fan of all the tourists who come here though.
After living in Cornwall for almost 20 years the tourists were the one thing I wasn't sad to say goodbye to.

Those donkeys are adorable, love their purple jackets. I didn't realise there was a sanctuary in Falmouth.

After living in Cornwall for almost 20 years the tourists were the one thing I wasn't sad to say goodbye to.

Those donkeys are adorable, love their purple jackets. I didn't realise there was a sanctuary in Falmouth.

Yeah, they can be a bit overwhelming. The sanctuary is in Mabe, just outside Falmouth. Bit of a trek to get to, but I enjoy it anyway.

Back