Essegi indoor cages - anyone got one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teejay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all, I've just ordered an Essegi 100 3-storey cage for my two boars:
98934_essegi_baffy3_neu_1.jpg

I gave loads of thought to it before ordering this cage; I inspected the pictures closely and read all of the reviews. From looking at the pictures, though, I'm slightly concerned that the cage might be a complete nightmare to clean out! It looks like access might be quite tricky.

I was wondering if anyone has this cage, or the larger (120cm) version? What do you think of the cage? Is it easy to clean out?

Many thanks, Tracey

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hi, i have the two tier cage, its great, but i would advise you to cover the ramps and put sides on them x

also, its quite difficult to clean out, but not tooooo bad, watch out for sharp edges. Hope you are tall so you can reach the top lol

Reaction score
Hi, I've got that but just the 2 layers. It's easier than you think. Just unclip and lift each tray out. Just a bit of a pain where to put the trays whilst cleaning. Lots of room for your lovely boys :)

Reaction score
hi, i have the two tier cage, its great, but i would advise you to cover the ramps and put sides on them x

also, its quite difficult to clean out, but not tooooo bad, watch out for sharp edges. Hope you are tall so you can reach the top lol

What did you use to cover and put sides on? 2 of my pigs arn't too confident with the stairs but the other 2 are. Need some ideas x

Reaction score
I have this cage and its fab x)

I will find the pic of what i've done with the ramps temp.

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
What did you use to cover and put sides on? 2 of my pigs arn't too confident with the stairs but the other 2 are. Need some ideas x

i got some type of rubbery fabric from the pound shop and cable tied it on round the ramp, for sides i have bent a c&c grid into a *** shape and fixed it on.

Reaction score
Photo-0147-1.jpg

Its fleece on ramp and cardboard on sides till i can put wood there..they zoom up and down them.

Reaction score
I find it very easy to clean out :) takes about 1 hour..start at top and work down.

Reaction score
I just take the mattress pad and fleece out..dust pan and brush the residue then wipe out with animal disinfectant..then put the beddings back.

Photo-0104-1-1.jpg

Last edited:

Teejay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Wow, lots of people seem to have these cages, that's a good sign! Thanks for all the replies so far.

Hi doglovinpiggylover.....nope, I'm a short-a*se, so I might have to get OH to clean the cage out then.......hehe, I love delegating! I was planning to get some ramp tunnels (from Cosy Cavies, I think) for the ramps. Just need to get hold of the cage (can't wait!) and measure the ramps.

Hi Sonia, thanks for the pics! I'm using mattress pads and fleece in my current cage, and I think I'll just unpick those and re-stitch them to fit the new cage. Although I really would like to invest in enough Vetbed for the top two levels, cos my boys absolutely love their Vetbed....they stretch out, snuggle up and snooze on it!

I plan to have the bottom level as a hay basement (LOL, as opposed to a hay loft)! So just newspaper and then filled with meadow hay.

Thanks again, Tracey

Teejay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi doglovinpiggylover, have you got any pics of your additional levels? My OH is a builder, so quite handy......you've given me some ideas to keep him busy, hehe!

Tracey

Reaction score
Also meant to say I have to put a box under the ladder to make it less steep, might be different in the 3 tier. The boys will love it! Lots of room to stretch and run around awww :(|)

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi doglovinpiggylover, have you got any pics of your additional levels? My OH is a builder, so quite handy......you've given me some ideas to keep him busy, hehe!

Tracey

all i have done is put some c&c grids together with cable ties and cable tied them to the cage side and put an igloo or something underneath to stop it wobbling so much but its really only sligh, i have some coroplast on top just with newspaper on.

ill try and get some piccies if i can x

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
ok, not quite sure if you will be able to see properly but:

cage021.jpg

cage020.jpg

cage019.jpg

cage018.jpg

and the rubbery stuff from the pound shop that i use to cover the ramps is:

cage022.jpg

cage023.jpg

CPHill

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
How many piggies are you planning on keeping in there? I'm after something for my 4 and this looks good! Pics please when you're set up!

Tupeny

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've got the 120 3 story and I'm a bit fed up with it! My pigs seem to kick out alot of poop while on the wooden shelf, and I'm thinking of selling it + getting a larger one storey cage! The one story ones are also so much quicker to clean out!

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've got the 120 3 story and I'm a bit fed up with it! My pigs seem to kick out alot of poop while on the wooden shelf, and I'm thinking of selling it + getting a larger one storey cage! The one story ones are also so much quicker to clean out!

yes i know what you mean, i have started to fold the paper up a bit so it goes up at the sides, having said that, when they kick the poos the dogs eat them so.....:)>>> :))

Status
Not open for further replies.