• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Eye problems AGAIN?

machuandpicchumummy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just picked up Picchu for some lap time and he has a little red/whitish bit at the top of his eye. I'm unsure if it's just normal cleaning fluid or a protrusion of some kind. Anyone ever seen anything like this at all? I think I caught his eye by mistake when stroking him last night so I'm worried I've hurt him 😞

Attachments

• IMG20230622163019.jpg
    IMG20230622163019.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG20230622163014.jpg
    IMG20230622163014.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 8
I've managed to get a hay seed out of his eye. It still looks like the photos above with the redness 😞

🤞Hoping little Picchu’s eye is ok.
I would get it checked out at the vets, you can never be too careful with eyes

Would be best to get him checked out for a vet, hopefully just a check for scratches and maybe some eye drops for a couple days.

Good luck at the vets x

Poor Picchu 😞 Please do have him seen by a vet. I pulled a grass seed from my Ella’s eye a few weeks ago. Her eye looked normal but the vet found a scratch on her cornea when she checked it with the orange dye x

Poor Picchu I hope he heels up quickly with the aid of some eye drops from the vet.

Back