• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Fabric corner hideys

FirstTimePigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We have two wooden corner hideys for our two girls, each with two entries/exits. I'm wondering whether there is a less bulky solution for when we go on holiday/take the girls to be cared for whilst we are away. Are cloth hideys like this suitable and safe?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240107-003208.png
    Screenshot_20240107-003208.png
    114.1 KB · Views: 1
I don't know about those particular ones but lots of people use those, often called fleece forests.

Thank you very much, that's good to know. Any suggestions on brands would be great. Also are the pear clips ok? - I know C clips are preferred for rats as their heads can get stuck, but I'm not sure about piggies.

[And apologies for duplicate post - phone crashed mid-post and first post only became visible when I had posted again. And can't work out how to delete]

I don't know about the clips hopefully someone else will but it's late and most people are in bed! You can ask for the second post to be deleted but I don't think you can do I yourself. A mod can do it for you.

I've asked for the other thread to be deleted for you @FirstTimePigs .

We use corner fleece forests- & improvised ones too.
The clips are fine for Guinea pigs.

This is a photo of part of a set up away from home- I made the fleece forest from fleece scraps- it’s just tucked into a grid used on top.

IMG_9371.jpeg

IMG_9372.jpeg
Here’s the random assortment of things we use for attaching corner forests or pegging blankets around the outside to help prevent drafts. Clothes pegs in our holiday bag have been very useful. We just make sure clips/pegs are only used near the top of the grids.( we use CC grids).

After thought…..
cardboard boxes with doorways cut out are very handy as houses on holiday too.

Last edited:
I made a super large one for someone once, it’s was for 2 pairs living side by side. Not all of the cage is there but it was 2 - 2 x 5 c&c they are safe for gp’s
1704620330990.jpeg

I don't know about the clips hopefully someone else will but it's late and most people are in bed! You can ask for the second post to be deleted but I don't think you can do I yourself. A mod can do it for you.

I've asked for the other thread to be deleted for you @FirstTimePigs .
Thank you very much - really appreciate it

We use corner fleece forests- & improvised ones too.
The clips are fine for Guinea pigs.

This is a photo of part of a set up away from home- I made the fleece forest from fleece scraps- it’s just tucked into a grid used on top.

View attachment 238993

View attachment 238994
Here’s the random assortment of things we use for attaching corner forests or pegging blankets around the outside to help prevent drafts. Clothes pegs in our holiday bag have been very useful. We just make sure clips/pegs are only used near the top of the grids.( we use CC grids).

After thought…..
cardboard boxes with doorways cut out are very handy as houses on holiday too.
This is great, thank you! May give them a go. We have used cardboard boxes before but - typically - found we then struggled to find any the right size. Their travel cage (a Midwest) is smaller than their usual cage so needed something big enough to be a good hidey but not so big it took too much floor space.

Back