• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

failed boar dating - castration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most boars feel actually rather paternal towards babies while they regard teenagers more as a potential rival.

Re. neutering - finding an experienced, piggy savvy vet amkes all the difference. No operation is ever fully safe, but the quality of the vets can amke a real difference in terms of the success rate. I am sorry that you lost your other boar that way!

Either way, whether looking for a baby boar or (if neutered) for girl, it pays to try and arrange as many dates for your boy, so he has a chance at finding that piggy he clicks with!

Best of luck!

PS: One of our forum members runs a newish rescue in the Manchester area. Perhaps you would like to contact her?
http://www.smallpawsrescue.co.uk/

PS2: Ask as many local rescues as you can for good neutering vets in your area!

I recently got a 10 week old to go with my hormonal 7 month old boar and it has really calmed him down. I originally had him in with my two 2 1/2 year olds and he was constantly rumbling and annoying them but since having him with my new 10 week old he is completely fine and had settled really nicely.

They don't tend to see youngsters at a threat

Sorry Ernie didn't take to his first boar date very well haha! Persevere tho he'll love you for it in the end :-) xx

maybe you guys could get together and go boar dating to a rescue - sounds like great fun! Small paws is in Manchester x

I went to the Bunny Hop in Leigh.

Elaine at Tameside Rabbit and Guinea Pig rescue has some babies in, although I'm nervous now after Ernie took such a big bite out of Kay's hand!

I went to the Bunny Hop in Leigh.

Elaine at Tameside Rabbit and Guinea Pig rescue has some babies in, although I'm nervous now after Ernie took such a big bite out of Kay's hand!

It has to be worth a try, just think how happy he could be with a little boy piggie to "show the ropes".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back