Families!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
aaarrgghh! What a pain in the neck!

After 2 months, we are finally going to bury my Nan's ashes!

My mum's brother was next of kin and he was sorting everything out, until the other week when he said he didn't want anything more to do with things! WHich left things to my mum who is the next eldest after him.

Now the family has been split! There are 4 girls including my mum and my uncle.

One of my aunts and my uncle are now 'detatched' from the rest!

Hoping that tomorrow may be a turning point for them all, as long as no more getting personal. My aunt is staging a 'personal attack'.
So I won't be around til the evening.

No real point in this post, but wanted to get it out.

Families, who'd have 'them? ;D

D

DebbieR

Oh I know what you mean sweetie. This sort of thing seems to bring out the worst in people. Just try to get through it the best you can.

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
I'm not really bothered anymore, to be honest. My aunt is kinda talking to me although I ain't said or done a thing, and my uncle just blanks me in the street!

It's just the timing of it all. No-one seems to be getting along for the sake of my Nan and her wishes to be buried as soon as possible with my Grandad. That's the bit that just bothers me.

Deb

Reaction score
Oh I know how difficult these family things are, we had a taste of it too when my father passed on.

I know some people will think its morbid or not the thing to do, but am trying to get my husbands and mine wills sorted out now (not planning to pop off yet though, but you never know...the plane could fall out the sky when we go on holiday, we could be seen off in car accident etc ::) :o!).

If something should happen to us both, we need to sort out how we want our worldly good divided up to the family. Plus of course there are the animals.. should the worst happen to us we need to make out bequest as to what should happen to them. Its so complicated once you start looking into it. I can understand why people shy away from sorting these things out beforehand.

It gets so complicated. :o :o :o :o

Deb x

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
Yeah I know. Our bank manager was on about this sometime ago because Mike got out life insurance - they won't allow it for me! - and so are trying to arrange something.

I know exactly what you mean, but when thinking about it when I'm 24 and Mike's 26, it seems so far away, like something you do when you're in your 60's!

It was like the parents (Nan and Grandad) keeping the family together. Now they've both passed on, it's all gone to pot!

michellemuffin

Reaction score
we had a bust up with my in laws in 95 and we decieded to move to the Isle of wight from Essex my mum in law decieded she no longer wanted to have a son, she was evil beyond belief anyway she caused hubby to lose his sister and only one brother and one sister bothered with him, the evil one died last year with out ever telling us what her problem was we think she was jealous of us, but his dad decieded once she had gone he did want his son and family, we went to her funeral and was welcomed by his family amazingly his mums sister was lovley the one we thought would be a problem, she told us we had never done any wrong, so becasue of one nasty woman a whole family lost out on over 10 years of us my daughter and son were babies and were frightened when we met them all, the older 3 were angry at them, but to be honest we got to the point of not caring about them, things are still stained and I take the view of what ever.

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
Well, it was an emotional day for the sisters (my mum, and her two sisters), the other sister and brother didn't show their faces and so kind of made it a little worse!

We thought it was going to be a turning point if they came for the burial.

But nevertheless, it was quite nice just us. Then we went for a few drinks at thepub where one of my aunts wouldn't stop crying, which was kinda funny!

S

snugglypig

hi Kelly

Glad Your day went kinda ok.

as they say "YOU CAN PICK YOUR FRIENDS BUT NOT YOUR FAMILYl" and boy that is so true.

i have my husbands family here in Ireland and we haven't spoken for months

My mother in law has said that she only want to have contact with my step son and nothing to do with the other 4 children, and our twins are her blood grand children but that doesn't matter.

It makes me real ANGRY as we treat all our children the same regardless of who came from who

families ARRRRRRRRG

karen

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
That definitely is so true!

Bad of your mother-in-law to be like that. She'll be at a loss if something ever happened.

I don't get why families just can't get on. The 'feud' that one of my aunts has started is over nothing and is making it worse for herself!

Status
Not open for further replies.