• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

fatty Roo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aalur

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well. just been for Roo's first myxi jab, the vet gave her a health check and said she is overweight! I've had her for about 4 weeks, She's 5 months and she weighs 3.4kg, the vet said he would like her to be 2.5 ideally! and until she looses some weight, she cant be neutered.
He did say though, that apart from that, she is in very good health and he was most impressed with her temperament, he said she was a lovely rabbit and '' you've got a good one there!'' :))

The actual injection itself was fine, and she didn't even flinch! :))

Thing is, she was a p@h adoption, as a unsaleable, so she's spent her whole little life cooped up with no exercise, so no wonder shes a bit flabby.
I'm in the process of changing her from p@h nuggets to excel, the vet advised me that p@h nuggets weren't that great, rolleyes. Just going to have to feed less of them now.
She's free range in my hall and has the stairs to run up and down on, so hopefully she'll lose some of her flab.

Heres some pics

christmaspigs2010007.jpg

christmaspigs2010006.jpg

x)She's beautiful :) Is she a rex?

She doesn't look too fat to me but then I've seen this really porky bun on that C4 programme Animal Madhouse.

My two get about an eggcup of pellets a day which seems to be enough for them.

yes, she is a rex, she's unbelievably soft! The vet said it should be about 2 eggcups a day, ive been giving her much more than that :x i've been filling her bowl at the piggy rate ie everytime she empties it! :red :red

Diet for Roo!

I told the vet she's my first rabbit and he gave me a rabbit welcome pack, lots of info inside and a bag of science selective

Last edited:
Duh meant to say egg cup each. Did he tell you to cut it down gradually? I don't think it's great for their tums to do it too quickly.

I know some people on the rabbit forum don't feed any pellets at all or only once every couple of days :) as long as they eat plenty of hay they should be fine.

Roo's ears are massive like my Hol's :)x)

Ooh, she looks so snuggably soft! I just want to cuddle her :))

Duh meant to say egg cup each. Did he tell you to cut it down gradually? I don't think it's great for their tums to do it too quickly.

I know some people on the rabbit forum don't feed any pellets at all or only once every couple of days :) as long as they eat plenty of hay they should be fine.

Roo's ears are massive like my Hol's :)x)

He said to cut out everything except hay and reduce the nuggets, i automatically assumed gradually anyway.
ooh, didn't realise they dont have to have nuggets! interesting, thanks.

Her ears are my favourite part x)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back