• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Fed Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gothchick1515

I had to go to the DRs yesterday becasue they wanted to check my blood pressure, they gave me a 24 hr monitor and it was horrible so heavy and it hurt every half an hour when it squezzed me! i didnt go into college because i was too uncomfortable and i had to wear it all night so i had a very broken sleep so i am off again but i cant sleep! isnt it always the way. was meant to be gettin my eyes photographed for any diabetic damage tomorrow but i may have to rearrange it for another day because my tutor will go mad if i miss tomorrow afternoon! If we have poor attendance they dont invite us back to complete year 2 of the course which will distroy me with the rates of unemplyment down here its unlikely id find work and so i need to be asked back to go to uni! this wasnt mentioned to us when we joined in sept its becasue we do a BTEC instead of A levels. sorry had to rant I'm so fed up x

dont worry cheer up I've had the blood pressure monitor and now keep one indoors for when I feel rough I just check my own blood pressure, it was high last week but as i knew it I just had a quite day, and I had the retinol eye check last year for my diabetes check, nothing to it, I did'nt need eye drops as my eyes did what they were suppose to do with out them, some need them I think its mainly older people,

Would you say that the eye photo thing is too important to miss? i keep having so much time off

I have a heart monitor that i have to keep with me for 3 weeks.

If i feel dizzy or anything i have to record my heart beat and then send it to the hospital.

You poor love, you did tell me about it ;D

Bit of a funny doc you got there lovey, but she's only doing what she thinks best.

The retinal screening - try not cancel love, they can tell so much by looking into your eyes. Best to catch it early if you happen to have 'diabetic eyes'.

But i'm sure another few days won't make a difference.

Not getting onto year 2 of your course however will make a difference.

I'd say re schedule the eye test.

I think its important to go for the eye screening but only you really knows whats most important, jsut hope you dont have to wait too long for a new appointment

Oh yeah i wouldnt cancel no, i was planning to just rearrange for a friday why they dont keep that fridays is my day off i dont no! lol x

I know, especially here. my sister is in alot of pain with her dislocated hip and needs an op desperatly but even though they arranged it in march its not till july!

Awww thats awful about your sister, they can't leave someone in pain its not right.

I no she is high prority but still has to wait, she crys so much my mum gets so stressed shes on such high doeses of paracetamol and thats all they will let her have PARCETAMOL! but its not long now they have a very high tech groovy (i think its groovy 'cause i love surgery its fasinating) op for her to help her she gets so excited when you tell her that the DR will put her to sleep for a bit and then when she wakes up she will be all better she has to be in a cast thing for 2 weeks with her leg upright and my mum has to staythere so i am gettin some time off of college to help my dad get Abbie (who has issues!) to school and get stuff ready for dinner my tutors lovely he said he will give my work to mydad (works in the college) so that i can keep up I'm used to playing mum lol x

Oh thats great Verity! Good that you have an understanding tutor!

Still a pain that Charlotte has to wait so long and is only on mild pain relief!

Thanks, we all want it to happen soon. Shouldnt be long though and i hope its in the summer because then i can stay a couple of the nights in hospital so my mum can have a proper bed and have a nice rest at home x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back