• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

fed up........

Status
Not open for further replies.

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm fed up! Just really wanted to share...my boyfriend has now lost his job as they havent got enough hours to keep him so i am keeping myself, him, the two dogs and the two pigs and i am scared stiff that we will go under.

I have never worried about anything like this in my life as i have been single up until 2 years ago and i was sorted and only had me and my dog at the time to worry about. I feel like i have a massive weight to carry. :red

It should be a really happy time as my oh has just been given access to his daughter who he hasnt seen for about 3 years, but this has just spoilt everything and i feel really flat and really fed up, it is also making us argue all the time and everything feels different.

Anyway, thanks for reading :(

Hi,

I know it doesn't seem bright now but things have a way of sorting themselves out:))

I have had experience of this, my husband lost his job a few years ago and I was petrified that we couldn't cope but two months we claimed benefits and then hubby found another job with better pay:))

We have been in debt, and I have also survived without much money in the past but ou find a way to get by.......... it's amazing on the areas you can back on if you think about it.

Sending good vibes your way

Aww hun :( I hope things pick up for you soon. Try not to get too down about it, I'm sure things will get better for you both, just stick it out for now and hope for the best. Things can only get better :)
Chin up love ;)

Oh hun, I'm sorry you have all this stress. BIG HUGS to you. My hubbys the only one working at the mo and that one wage pays for everything and i worry sick about that. And i owe the bank a couple of hundred (i know its not a lot but i have never owed money before) and i dont know where to get the money to pay it back from. mallethead8... i have till 1st November:{
Just remember were all here if you want to talk or vent.I really hope things look up soon. I'm pleased your OH has been given access to his daughter:):)

Oh hun, I'm sorry you have all this stress. BIG HUGS to you. My hubbys the only one working at the mo and that one wage pays for everything and i worry sick about that. And i owe the bank a couple of hundred (i know its not a lot but i have never owed money before) and i dont know where to get the money to pay it back from. mallethead8... i have till 1st November:{
Just remember were all here if you want to talk or vent.I really hope things look up soon. I'm pleased your OH has been given access to his daughter:):)

I know its great news, he is so pleased about it and she looks a lovely little girl, for me its great too as i am a bit past having my own and we just want to have fun and not worry but, hey its life! :{

Big hugs, I know how you feel, my partner lost his job suddenly last year and I was responsible for paying for everything, it all worked out ok in the end, we just had to cut back a bit.

Big hugs, I know how you feel, my partner lost his job suddenly last year and I was responsible for paying for everything, it all worked out ok in the end, we just had to cut back a bit.

i think its just the way at the moment isnt it, loads of people seem to be in the same boat....i guess i am lucky that my job is as safe as it can be at the mo...just hope its enough to keep us all.

Usually I'm dead positive!

something that did make me a bit happier today...i walked my dogs along the seafront (free) played in the sea (free) chased stones (free) and then after tea i called round to see my bessie mate whos new lodger has a dalmation of about 6 months and she is absolutely gorgeous and just curled up into a ball on my lap for ages........ I'm in love.........x) sometimes....when you least expect it....life is JUST great....unfortunately me oh has gone to bed in a grump! rolleyes

Sounds like a wonderful day, shame about the OH's grump.

It must be horrible, I really hope something comes along.

I totally understand how you are feeling right now, Hubby and I only bought our house two years ago and not long after moving in he got made redundant, it made life very difficult for us (with a new mortgage to pay, new house to sort out aswell as paying for our wedding).

We managed to get through it though, its amazing at times like this how strong you become and you can do it hun. We cut down on shopping bills and going out etc until a new job came along.

Try not to fall out over it though its not worth it. Just tell him to keep looking out for new jobs and apply for everything he can in the meantime.
And remember anytime you need to chat or have a talk we are always here for you.

Right now though I am feeling a little worried as my company I work for are now merging with another company so been told there is going to be alot of job losses etc and its great just before Christmas coming too :( x

Last edited:
oh god, thats awful i will keep everything crossed for you.

I know we will get through it really, and i have never voiced it ever in my life, but somehow, it feels different now there is someone else involved...being single was soooooo much easier lol i dont know how to 'keep' someone else

having said that i wouldnt EVER want to be without him

my hubby lost his job last may after working there for 30yrs on the same company, it was a struggle with a morgage and 4 children dog, rabbits, guineas, but in june this year he got a new job, he travels 3 yrs a day has its far away. but the pay is 10 times better than in his old job, it took a while when he lost his job to get used to the lack of money that we were used to. but after a few mths, and help with the morgage we soon started to manage and even had a few luxuries every now and then.

i know things seem sooo bad now but give it 2 mths and things will feel a bit better x

the other good thing is lossing your job gives you the chance to do a job you like and not a job you stay in because it pays x

my hubby lost his job last may after working there for 30yrs on the same company, it was a struggle with a morgage and 4 children dog, rabbits, guineas, but in june this year he got a new job, he travels 3 yrs a day has its far away. but the pay is 10 times better than in his old job, it took a while when he lost his job to get used to the lack of money that we were used to. but after a few mths, and help with the morgage we soon started to manage and even had a few luxuries every now and then.

i know things seem sooo bad now but give it 2 mths and things will feel a bit better x

the other good thing is lossing your job gives you the chance to do a job you like and not a job you stay in because it pays x

yeah i have to agree with you there, my first job was in customer services in a bank for 14 years and i LOVED it to bits, then it all started to change and got really impersonal and centralised to all weird places so i took redundancy, and after three months got a job as a receptionist at a nursing home on half the pay, gave up smoking to make up for the difference, and moved round the company until i got to where i am now and i LOVE my job, I'm an ex smoker and on an okish pay!

I know things will get better, and i am proud to say i have planned for this kind of thing financially, but like i said i was single for a long time so those plans didnt include another person....only pets.....is that wrong lol !!

oh god, thats awful i will keep everything crossed for you.

I know we will get through it really, and i have never voiced it ever in my life, but somehow, it feels different now there is someone else involved...being single was soooooo much easier lol i dont know how to 'keep' someone else

having said that i wouldnt EVER want to be without him

You will get through it hun. Since going through it ourselves it has brought us much closer together. It is also surprising how you manage to live on one wage, my wage is not fantastic but we got through it all. We just cut down on shopping bills, cancelled things like sky tv etc and just didnt go out as much. I planned ahead meals for the week and did a weekly shop sticking to a strict food shopping list too. Fingers crossed everything will be okay. Keep me updated x

I agree with the other posts, it's amazing how much you can cut shopping bills down too, and as you say it's free to walk the dog!

Having one extra person isn't going to be much different to being single, as a single meal usually feeds more than one person and by staying positive will help your o/h stop sinking into depression because of not working atm.

Write a list of your incomings/ outgoings and see the areas you need to trim down.

We are in the exact same position as you are and it is tough to stay positive. Take a look at money saving expert, it gave us loads of tips on how to save money and the forums are an excellent source of advice and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back