• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Feeding the guinea pigs at TEAS

That’s when those plastic smoothie bottles with the large lids come in handy ;)
I always pee in bottles in the back of the van, try finding a place in London where you can stop without getting a ticket

Does anyone feed diced up cucumber to their pigs? I cut two probably 1/2 cm thick discs, then dice it up and then scatter feed it. It works well, good to search through hay for and looks like the pigs are getting more than what they actually are getting, just to avoid the runny poo. I do it for the high water content before they settle down for the night.

Does anyone feed diced up cucumber to their pigs? I cut two probably 1/2 cm thick discs, then dice it up and then scatter feed it. It works well, good to search through hay for and looks like the pigs are getting more than what they actually are getting, just to avoid the runny poo. I do it for the high water content before they settle down for the night.

Yes I used to give them just a thick slice, but only started cutting it up 2 nights ago! Same amount, but looks loads more.

Tonight's menu for my 4

Cherry tomatoes🍅
Carrot peelings🥕
Lambs lettuce🥬
Red oak leaf lettuce🍁
Celery🎋(closest I could find!)
Red pepper🌶

As usual they were rushing around the hutch gobbling it up as if they had never been fed!
They love acting like it's their last meal ever. Bernie keeps on wacking his head really hard on his house to get attention. Probably why he's not the full shilling, or my favourite one... A sandwich short of a picnic

My two are LOVING the new feeding regime! Just had some baby leaf salad with kale and some other mixed salad leaves too! They’re not fond of peppers though but I’ve seen Meryn do two pees today and she’s not squeaked! She’s still on a pretty high dose of Loxicom though.

Back