Feeding the guinea pigs at TEAS

SkyPipDotBernie

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Been a while since I posted here...

But yea, still feeding loads and loads of grass to the pigs, the grass I feed now probably makes up the 40% of the 80% hay diet. Will be less in winter, but then il up the leafy greens. They are both peeing like race horses now 🏁

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Our grass has started to grow again after the rain thank goodness. I've been taking a bag on my evening walk and cutting it from the middle of a steep bank where the council have not been cutting it. You should see the look on certain faces when presented with it, apparently it's the wrong sort of grass! :hb: Honestly some guinea pigs, I do my best.

SkyPipDotBernie

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Our grass has started to grow again after the rain thank goodness. I've been taking a bag on my evening walk and cutting it from the middle of a steep bank where the council have not been cutting it. You should see the look on certain faces when presented with it, apparently it's the wrong sort of grass! :hb: Honestly some guinea pigs, I do my best.
Dot will not eat any types of grass that have a wide stem , she will only eat fine grass. Weird pig

Seven7

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Mine are mostly Costco piggies eating veggies from Costco.
However during the summer months, I give them more grass and dandelions. I add a lot of varieties in their diet so that they are getting all the nutrients they need. I usually grow veggies for them in the summer also. Currently I am growing cilantro, basil, mint, grass, and lettuce for them.
In the winter months, I go back to giving them veggies from Costco, romaine lettuce being their main meal.