• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Feeding the swans

Gem789

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
I went for a walk today to try and get some exercise and fresh air and walked to a small lake which is on an industrial estate about a mile from where I live. The swans came straight over so must usually get fed a lot. There was about 5 ducks there, one little bugger kept attacking another one, probably to tell the other one, its my food not yours lol. IMG_20200328_140026.jpgIMG_20200328_140048.jpgIMG_20200328_140121.jpg

Your pics are lovely @Gem789 xx
In the midlands too! I had to google it as didn’t realise we had many here, invasive species from people setting their pets free from the looks of it! We think it’s a red eared slider :)

Sadly these abandoned terrapins are a real, problem for our wildlife. they prey on amphibIans, young ducklings and chicks of wading birds. They drag them down by their feet under the water and devour them. Terrapins have been a problem for many years, I remember visiting Ferrybridge Power Station in the 80‘s and seeing terrapins the size of dinner plates under the cooling towers water outlet. It’s such a shame people don’t realise how big they can get when they buy them ☹️

Sadly these abandoned terrapins are a real, problem for our wildlife. they prey on amphibIans, young ducklings and chicks of wading birds. They drag them down by their feet under the water and devour them. Terrapins have been a problem for many years, I remember visiting Ferrybridge Power Station in the 80‘s and seeing terrapins the size of dinner plates under the cooling towers water outlet. It’s such a shame people don’t realise how big they can get when they buy them ☹
Wow, huge! Yes I didn’t realise what a problem they were until I got reading the other day, thankfully with British weather they don’t breed as much as they could or they’d be a massive problem here and our native species would struggle even more :( Silly, selfish people:td:

Back