• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Feeling at the end of my rope with this kitten.

Good luck! Still crossing everything for you that it's good news :)
When are you getting the one year old boy?

Possibly in a couple of weeks, he has to travel 2200km so that has to be arranged and is dependent on which scheduled transport is not fully booked yet.

He's definitely going to be a well travelled pussy cat :)
Just been confirmed for the 23rd although his journey will start early morning on the 22nd. It’s a constant drive of over 24hours with 2 people taking turns at the wheel while the other sleeps.

To be honest, the rescue is at fault here, not you. They insisted that you should have 2 cats (something you mighta sounded unsure of) and they shouldn’t of pushed you into adopting him, even though that is a rule in Europe. If it is just intolerable, I strongly advise returning him to the rescue even if this sounds like a terrible solution for the animal but I think he just needs a home where he’s the only cat. This needs to stop! I have a male cat myself and we aren’t able to have another cat because he is dominant and will mark. This may also be going on between your cats since one is a male. I am so sorry you are going through this unfortunate situation!

Just been confirmed for the 23rd although his journey will start early morning on the 22nd. It’s a constant drive of over 24hours with 2 people taking turns at the wheel while the other sleeps.
Wow, hope all goes well with the travelling!
And very much hoping he'll settle in better and get on with all the family, human and beast :) x

Started the ringworm treatment in the household although we won’t get the culture results back from miss possibly infected for 6 days.
The baths are not so bad in that rather than bathing cats you can just mix the solution and then wipe their entire body down with a solution soaked washcloth. Lesions should be scrubbed with a toothbrush before the wipe-down and then tossed taking care not to put the toothbrush back into the solution. Toss the washcloth away after too.

Have to repeat this every 4th day a minimum of 4 times.

The important thing is not to let them lick themselves dry too much as the solution being left on the fur is liver toxic. So bathed before feedtime so eating is a distraction while drying and then got the cat toys out.

To be honest, the rescue is at fault here, not you. They insisted that you should have 2 cats (something you mighta sounded unsure of) and they shouldn’t of pushed you into adopting him, even though that is a rule in Europe. If it is just intolerable, I strongly advise returning him to the rescue even if this sounds like a terrible solution for the animal but I think he just needs a home where he’s the only cat. This needs to stop! I have a male cat myself and we aren’t able to have another cat because he is dominant and will mark. This may also be going on between your cats since one is a male. I am so sorry you are going through this unfortunate situation!

I don’t blame the people I dealt with directly in the organization as they have to trust what the foreign rescue is telling them. In this case it was just an unfortunate mishap at the rescue end...it can happen and in this case was just a rather expensive run of bad luck. The kitten has been re-homed with the help of the local organization and we are actually looking forward to a new 2nd cat arriving who seems to be a much better family fit.
I don’t think we had a dominance issue as it wasn’t the resident felines as the culprit.

Last edited:
Started the ringworm treatment in the household although we won’t get the culture results back from miss possibly infected for 6 days.
The baths are not so bad in that rather than bathing cats you can just mix the solution and then wipe their entire body down with a solution soaked washcloth. Lesions should be scrubbed with a toothbrush before the wipe-down and then tossed taking care not to put the toothbrush back into the solution. Toss the washcloth away after too.

Have to repeat this every 4th day a minimum of 4 times.

The important thing is not to let them lick themselves dry too much as the solution being left on the fur is liver toxic. So bathed before feedtime so eating is a distraction while drying and then got the cat toys out.
That sounds much better than a full bath then, nowhere near as stressful for everyone! :)

Back