• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Feeling Awful I'm Doing Everything Wrong

TheLottiediarys

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I feel just absolutely terrible,
Everything just seems to be bad at the moment :(
I really feel like a failure with my animals.

I've been working for months with Daenerys my hamster to get her used to Me, she's so shy and gets very upset when anything changes, this includes adding anything new to her cage and with her being so big I've had to buy new houses for her and introduce them slowly,
I was so excited yesterday when I got a big wooden house for her but when I put it in and removed her old house which she was sleeping and weeing in to clean it out she got so upset, she was running around and crying actual shrieking cries which hamster almost never do, I didn't know what to do so I ran and emptied out her old house and wiped it down (she'd been weeing in it for a while) and added some soiled substrate back in with the fresh stuff and gave it her back but she was so upset she would come out for the rest of the day. I feel so bad.

And all the noise upset Donnie who's only been with us for a few months, he's been very shy anyway and he was running around their cage crying and almost panicking I felt really bad but I just wanted to pick him up and comfort him but I knew that would make him feel worse so I had to just leave the room for a while.

Then our cat Elphie has been ignoring her in favour of Scott my partner just lately and it feels pretty bad that she never wants to sit with me anymore.
She's developed a special bond with him and I feel so left out,
I feel like no one has a special bond with me at the moment, it used to be Baby but now she's with Donnie she's not relying on me for company anymore and I just feel so left out, how stupid is that? I want them to get along and they do which is wonderful but now I feel like whenever I go in the animal room I'm just stressing everyone out even more.

Urgh, sorry this is kind of ranty but I just feel a bit down about everything, I feel really bad that I've upset both Donnie and Daenerys and it's upsetting :( :(

Oh luv, you are having a hard time at the mo aren't you? Sometimes you need a good rant to get thing off your chest!

I feel just absolutely terrible,
Everything just seems to be bad at the moment :(
I really feel like a failure with my animals.

I've been working for months with Daenerys my hamster to get her used to Me, she's so shy and gets very upset when anything changes, this includes adding anything new to her cage and with her being so big I've had to buy new houses for her and introduce them slowly,
I was so excited yesterday when I got a big wooden house for her but when I put it in and removed her old house which she was sleeping and weeing in to clean it out she got so upset, she was running around and crying actual shrieking cries which hamster almost never do, I didn't know what to do so I ran and emptied out her old house and wiped it down (she'd been weeing in it for a while) and added some soiled substrate back in with the fresh stuff and gave it her back but she was so upset she would come out for the rest of the day. I feel so bad.

And all the noise upset Donnie who's only been with us for a few months, he's been very shy anyway and he was running around their cage crying and almost panicking I felt really bad but I just wanted to pick him up and comfort him but I knew that would make him feel worse so I had to just leave the room for a while.

Then our cat Elphie has been ignoring her in favour of Scott my partner just lately and it feels pretty bad that she never wants to sit with me anymore.
She's developed a special bond with him and I feel so left out,
I feel like no one has a special bond with me at the moment, it used to be Baby but now she's with Donnie she's not relying on me for company anymore and I just feel so left out, how stupid is that? I want them to get along and they do which is wonderful but now I feel like whenever I go in the animal room I'm just stressing everyone out even more.

Urgh, sorry this is kind of ranty but I just feel a bit down about everything, I feel really bad that I've upset both Donnie and Daenerys and it's upsetting :( :(
Please don’t feel bad, all of us are guilty of doing little things that might annoy our pets a bit.Just remember the fact you’re upset shows how much you love them xx

Huge hugs! You are doing anything wrong, sounds to me like you are a very attentive and caring owner!

Sending you hugs. You're not doing anything wrong, you had to clean your hampster out and as for cats, they're just fickle!

Back