• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Feeling fed up... need to rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Yesterday morning a colleague of mine asked me if I ever felt bored of my job, my response was that I'm bored of my life :(

I just feel that I'm totally stuck in a rut with everything atm. Work & homelife.

I don't mind my job but I feel like I'll be stuck doing it forever, there are no other jobs around here which I can do for the same money & I can't afford to take a pay cut to do something I actually want to do.

At home I just can't be bothered to do housework etc... mainly because OH doesn't really help. He'll do the dishes, when we don't have any clean ones left to use. Doesn't see that the room needs hoovering or dusting etc... I don't think he's ever cleaned the bathroom in the 4 years we've lived here?
I blame his Mum, never had to do that kind of thing when he lived at home but hey ho I knew that when we moved in together and I'm not in for drawing up chore rotas. I'd just like not to have to ask for something to be done.

I know people have far bigger problems than me, and I've not done this to get loads of replies or anything. In fact it probably seems really trivial. I'm just p**sed off because I was at work 12 hours yesterday & today. He was out last night & I got in from work tonight and the house is exactly as it was when I left it this morning (hoovering/ironing to be done) and I had a go at him about it, so now he's basically ignoring me.
I'm mad so I'm shouting and needed to get it off my chest.

Sorry")

No need to say sorry chick, I'd be pee'd off too. My OH doesn't really do any of the cleaning/tidying around the house but he does cook all our meals so I never ask him to do anything more. That arrangement works for us but I would be so mad if I did everything and he never lifted a finger!

I know exactly how you feel work wise. I'd love to do something animal related but wouldn't earn what I do at the moment, not to start with anyway. I can't bear to think of being stuck in the job I'm doing for the next 39 years. How depressing!

What would you want to do if you had the chance? I've thought about opening my own grooming parlour which I think would do ok where we live as no other competition, just don't have the finances to start it. Or the qualifications. Guess I'm stuck being a civil servant for the rest of my life :( Unless I get made redundant. More joy!

I feel like I'm in a rut at the moment too :(
Totally lost my drive at uni, at home, and with my OH.

Hi Bailey, I can see why you're annoyed. It's not on for you to have to do all the housework. Maybe you could split the chores so e.g. he always does the laundry and you do the hoovering. You'd probably still have to ask, but perhaps he'd feel more inclined to do it if you'd already agreed to share.

PopcornPigs: I can totally relate to losing your drive at uni. Some days I just want to throw my computer out of the window and run screaming out of the building! (Usually after I've spent the whole day trying to get my computer code to run and getting back error messages, rather than useful graphs of wind speed over London...) I'm sure it's been said to you before, but it's worth it in the end - if only just for the sense of achievement and the silly hat!

Awww hunny I'm sorry you feel awful, its nice to get things off your chest isnt it? I know works awful at the moment, perhaps you could set yourself a goal for the end of the year perhaps go on holiday or start a new hobby, even something like making a piggie scrapbook just to give yourself something to look forward to, and something to relax too at the end of the day, I'm always got projects on the go it stops me being bored and fustrated at my weekend job and uni work. just an idea :)

Ughh! Your OH, i'd just tell him that it's his stuff as well thats needs cleaning and washing, perhaps you can split the work, like undertheweather has suggested so you both have more time to unwind after work.

Just wanted to say hope you feel less stressed and fed up soon *big hugs* x

No need to apologise hun. I do know what you mean, I keep thinking that I am lucky to have a job, but sometimes it gets a bit rut like. x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back