• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Feeling really low today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gems

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sorry I just want somewhere to moan. Steven got his appointment through for when we have to go down to Birmingham to discuss this drug trial so thats Tuesday coming at the royal orthopaedic hospital. He's got a CT scan at 11.20 in the morning so we don't know whether it's just going to be easier going the night before as it's a 4 hour drive without traffic and we've been told there's limited onsite parking so I don't want to get there and have to drive around trying to find somewhere to park when we don't know the area.

The drug trial is being run by a company called amgen and it's ultimately their decision whether he gets on this trial or not. He was sent over all the info on it that he has to read through before consenting to the trial and there's only 250 people globally going to take part, though I'm not sure how many people have been put forward for the trial.

It's pretty scary reading some of the side effects, and one of the points is we aren't allowed to have children for the duration of the trial and 10 months after he has finished the injections as tests on rats showed that it affected bone growth so they're unsure what effect this would have on a baby. The trial could go on for 3 years, and although we hadn't necessarily decided we wanted to have children over the next 3 years, it's a little scary to think the decision has been taken out of our hands.

There's also possible side effects like osteporosis, cataracts, pain in the extremities, headaches and the list goes on and on. We were told it would be 6 months but the documentation says a minimum of 12 months plus a further 12 months of monitoring.

We still don't know whether the hospital is going to cover travel expenses and have just been advised to keep all receipts as "these things take time" which is all very well saying that but doesn't help that we're going to have to be forking out for petrol and hotels and we aren't made of money. I'm getting completely fed up of people acting as though this is all nothing and being blase about it all. I just really want to get away from it all at the moment.

go luck with everything..

regarding travel expense does your hubby get dvla? if so then you would qualify for getting your travel expenses back, you do have to save the recits send them in in the bulk and they will pay it back..

if your hubby isnt on DVLA i really dont know if you would get help with costs, i know we can get help for my daughters travel expense's and hospital stay apartment's which is owned by the hospital with her been on higher rate DLA, this maybe be diff for people over 18yrs though, sorry cant be anymore help x

try contacting benifits enquirey helpline, or CAB x

He's not on any form of benefits but we were told that as the hospital has referred us to the hospital in Birmingham the trust may reimburse us for travel expenses and there is another case where someone in Edinburgh was referred their for the same trial and he is having his travel expenses reimbursed.

My boss has just told me to "cheer up, it could be worse" just what I wanted to hear.

As if things aren't stressful enough for you, your boss goes and says that. rolleyes

I sincerely hope they do reimburse your travel costs ASAP.

Sending lots of hugs your way Gems. xx

Good luck with everything! I really hope something good comes of this as you've had such a hard time with it. Keep your chin up, things will get better. I hope they can reimburse your travel expenses as it's a bit unfair not to.
Once again...Good luck! :)

Yeah, he's not the most tactful of people, but I know he means well. I just get a bit sick of people telling me to be positive and stay strong, I'm not a strong person, and some days I just want to be miserable and feel sorry for myself!

Thanks for letting me whinge and listening, it's greatly appreciated x

You can be as weak and miserable as you like here. Save strong and positive for another day. I'm sorry we can't do more other than send lots of good wishes and virtual hugs. xx>>>

Thanks hun, it's appreciated, even if it is just a virtual hug!

Having a crappy day at work which isn't helping. We're on holiday for a week from next Friday and I've got around 400 invoices to prepare and send out before then, and now a supplier is threatening to sue us for breach of contract so I have that to deal with, plus the usual work I have to do so with being off on Tuesday I have 4 days to sort everything out. Then someones off on holiday next week so I'll be covering her work as well. Guess I'll be working the weekend :(

Hi Gems, first of all here's a massive virtual hug. Secondly you do not have to stay strong on here you can be as weak and miserable as you feel.

I am so sorry to hear that things are so difficult for you at the moment. I don't know what advise to offer you other than to say I am hoping all goes well for you and that everything works out.

Thanks, I think my problem is ( and steven says this as well ) I always put other people first and think I'm being selfish if I put myself first. But I ended up getting myself into a mess earlier this year through not taking time out for me ( was diagnosed with stress/depression/anxiety and on prozac for a while ) and I'm worried I'm starting to go the same way again to be honest. It's just hard when it's in my nature to put others first and make sure everyone else is ok, and I haven't got time to think about myself to be honest, I've got quite a stressful job and Steven to worry about without throwing myself into the mix.

Anyways how you doing hun? I've read your other threads so know your going through a hard time yourself. Hope your doing a bit better today x

Hi there,

Life is so cruel sometimes, I don't know your personal circumstances etc but it sounds like you have a very stressful time ahead:(

Please think of yourselves for once and think of whats best for you both!

I know where you are coming from having suffered stress/anxiety myself recently to which I had to quit my job but I did that after putting my job and everyone else first to begin with and it got me nowhere!

Good luck, things usually have a way of sorting themselves out and worrying although impossible not too just adds to the stress unfortunately.

Flumpet says when everything is feeling too much, you need to go home, snuggle down in a cosy, and shut the world out for a while. You can't help other people unless you look after yourself first...

... and let's face it, Flumpet knows best. xx>>>

046-1.jpg

You should definately take Flumpet's advice! I wonder if they do snuggles in human size?:(|)

Hope it all goes well and just ignore your boss! xx

Ooooh yeah, how fab would a human size cozy be! Thank you for getting your slave to take a pic of you Flumpet, it definitely put a smile on my face :))

Well I ended up going to the gym tonight after work with my sister and managed to do 5k on the treadmill ( it took me 42 minutes, but I still done it! ) and I'm feeling much better for having been, it's put me in a good mood :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back