• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Females itching after birth

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

snugglypig

Hi everyone,

Corriander my Abby littered 3 weeks ago and Rosie last week. :)
Both after birthing have chewed and itched their back ends raw and Rosies has now done all around her left front arm
I know some sows do chew after having bubs,

Should I treat for mites as Corriander is still scratching 3 weeks on, she is itching herself Raw now I will take photo's tommorow for you all to see.

thanks in advance

Karen

This could be a sign of mange in your guinea pigs which as you probably know is a form of mite. This comes from the stress of the pregancy birth and then the propsect of motherhood all these things combined set the mange off. The guinea pigs will have this mite already however it doesnt not become activated until they have gone under a large amount of stress.

Take to you vet for a special injection which treats the mange causing mite,if it isnt too bad one course may be enough however it sounds that it may be a littl worse than that and you may have to return to your vets for repeat dosages.

Hope this is of some help to you :)

Nat x

Thanks for that Karenrgpr have contacted Gorgeousguineas

thanks karen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back