Ferrets

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Today I saw some gorgeous ferrets. I would so love to have some but I think as I have guinea pigs its not a good idea. Does anybody else have ferrets and can give me some more info on them? Also, their teeth were so so sharp... I have read that they don't usually bite but I am sure that when they do it hurts a lot!

Reaction score
LOL My cousin had a ferret, although he still may have it!

Takes/took it out on a lead and it was as soft as anything! Althoug once in a while it did nip a bit! Not sure what it felt like as I wouldn't go near it! LOL

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
What a co incidence! My mother met some lovely ferrets today too! ;D

G

gothchick1515

Abbie loves ferrets and worked with them in the colllege apparantly they smell and they bite and they are not a pet i would have incase they bit me! lol but i no some people really love them as pets but i have heard from many people that you must have a male and a female one must be neutered as if they are not mated they die! i thought it was a silly thing at first but everyone who owns them or my vetenerary friends all tell me its true!

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Why is that I wonder? I know some people are pretty desperate but that's taking it a bit far ;D ;D ;D

G

gothchick1515

LOL! it sounds like some cheesy story but if vets are saying its true lol

P

princessguinea

ferrets are very cute! but they do die if they are alone for too long. :'(
yea they do bite sometimes. and they also require more care than piggies (hard to believe?)
they are VERY hyper and need a lot of space to roam. anim

C

Caroline

Last Saturday I went to a fete in the local park, and there was a ferret display with lots of ferrets, and some tunnels for them to race down. They raced in batches of 4, and some were so sleepy they just played up, and didn't want to do anything very active. When one of these was put in the race tunnel she just lay down and rolled over and waved her paws in the air! They are really pretty, with small pointed faces, and beautiful soft fur. The keeper gave them to children to hold, and they didn't hurt anyone. There was a notice that they might scratch or bite, but were more likely to steal icecreams or burgers - enogh said!

D

DebbieR

My cousin had a ferret and he lived on his own for years quite happily. He died of old age in the end. He was adorable and used to run with my cousin up and down the garden. Lovely little chap :)

Status
Not open for further replies.