• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Fibreplex is ace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

boysmum

I owe huge thanks O0 to Michellemuffin who recommended a probiotic called Fibreplex during one of my previous posts regarding antibiotic treatment. This is a carrot paste in a sort of toothpaste tube thing. You twist a dial to get the right dosage, put the nozzle in the piggy's mouth, aim and fire the paste into their mouths. It's done in a second and it goes down a treat.

It's great for piggies who are not keen water drinkers and therefore you can't guarantee that they are taking in their soluble probiotic. This is a sure way of dosing them up with the correct amount of probiotic whilst they are on any sort of antibiotic treatment. Previously, I had to syringe in heaps of watered Bio Lapis powder into my piggy's mouth which distressed him and took ages to do.

My vet had never heard of it but she ordered it and got it in the next day. That was a few months ago and now that Captain has developed yet another abscess :tickedoff: he is on it again. THis tiime however, my vet had a huge supply of Fibreplex and said that she thinks it is wonderful! They use in the surgery for their patients after surgery etc.

It is a bit pricier than normal, circa £11, but it's great. Captain loves it and boosts his appetite no end. However, with an increased appetite comes an increase in poop! Poop city! But I don't mind, rather that than not eating!

Thanks again to Michellemuffin. You have made my nursing duties a lot easier and so much more pleasant for my wee patient! :D

I use this for Digby when he had a funny tummy and it works a treat although he didnt really like having it! It is great stuff and the tube it comes in is very handy you dont have to fiddle with a syringe its all done for you :D :D

it is a simple method of dosing them up and it really works, shame about the price, but we dont mind do we ? and as for the poops a good sign of a healthy gut and whats a few more poops ? on the island we are normally a little behind with things like new meds so am delighted my vets had this and in turn its helped your vet help other animals with it , and I hope Captians abcess heals really quick damn things,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back