Flu jab and covid booster at the same time?

Black piggies

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
Has anyone had their flu jab and covid booster at the same time?
My friend said she did this with a bit of a cold, and ended up in bed for a couple of days. I've had my flu jab this afternoon and have the email to book my covid booster with immediate availability. Never had a bad reaction to a vaccination. Wondering whether anyone has had them at the same time?

weepweeps

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
Hello. I took my mother in law this week to have both jabs at the same time. She has been absolutely fine. 👍🏻

Viennese Furbabies

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
In Austria they talked about two weeks between these vaccinations at first, now they are talking about giving both jabs at the same time. For people concerned about this being too much at the same time with one week between the jabs.

But flu jabs are only starting in November in Vienna and my third covid jab will probably be in March so it will be two jabs for me if the guidelines don't change.
I usually don't react badly to jabs, but I did react to the second covid jab (just felt sick for one day and a bit under the weather in the following days).

Black piggies

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
In Austria they talked about two weeks between these vaccinations at first, now they are talking about giving both jabs at the same time. For people concerned about this being too much at the same time with one week between the jabs.

But flu jabs are only starting in November in Vienna and my third covid jab will probably be in March so it will be two jabs for me if the guidelines don't change.
I usually don't react badly to jabs, but I did react to the second covid jab (just felt sick for one day and a bit under the weather in the following days).
Ah it's interesting they've changed the guidance. Hopefully you won't react to the covid booster. I feel fine from my flu jab yesterday apart from a sore arm which I usually get, might wait a week for my covid booster. Thanks.

Tigermoth

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We are being given them together at work. A big part of the key though is to be well before you have them, never have your flu vaccine if you are already unwell with a cold. Hence I've not had mine.

Multiple vaccines at once is standard practice. 8 week old babies get 6 mixed in one vial into one arm and then 3 different meningitis in the other. They get that several times. And MMR of course which is 3.

Black piggies

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
We are being given them together at work. A big part of the key though is to be well before you have them, never have your flu vaccine if you are already unwell with a cold. Hence I've not had mine.

Multiple vaccines at once is standard practice. 8 week old babies get 6 mixed in one vial into one arm and then 3 different meningitis in the other. They get that several times. And MMR of course which is 3.
Good advice thanks. I have a bad cold but not temperature, so had my flu jab, but might delay my covid booster for a week. No ill effects so far apart from sore arm, which is good.

BossHogg

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had both yesterday, apart from feeling a bit tired (I put that down to a restless nights sleep on Friday) and 2 sore arms from the injections, so far so good - no major reactions. 👍

weepweeps

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
That was good of you to take her. Glad she had no reaction. Good to know both are being given thanks.

My mother in law lives two doors away! 😳 Which might be a problem for some. But I’m very lucky. She’s lovely and I help her a lot. 😃

Bluebell

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Have never had flu vacc, and decided as I hadn't been near anyone for a couple of years, and intend to continue to avoid the entire human race as much as possible I probably don't need to start with them. I did get the first two covid jabs - was very ill with the first one, not so bad with the second. Not sure I want to risk doing it again as I then discovered I didn't have antibodies anyway - very annoying after being so rough with the jabs. I'm really impressed some people had no side effects at all - those I knew had better luck that way with the Pfizer jabs. Do they give you the same brand as before for the booster, or another one?

Emx93

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
I've had my flu jab as they offered it me at the same time my youngest had her nasal one (with a cold and for the first year other than a sore arm and swollen lymph node no side effects!) don't think I'm due my booster for covid yet I had my first vac in Feb and second in May but I'll be getting it as soon as offered! 😁

Black piggies

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
Have never had flu vacc, and decided as I hadn't been near anyone for a couple of years, and intend to continue to avoid the entire human race as much as possible I probably don't need to start with them. I did get the first two covid jabs - was very ill with the first one, not so bad with the second. Not sure I want to risk doing it again as I then discovered I didn't have antibodies anyway - very annoying after being so rough with the jabs. I'm really impressed some people had no side effects at all - those I knew had better luck that way with the Pfizer jabs. Do they give you the same brand as before for the booster, or another one?
That's such a shame to have no antibodies. My son is immunocompromised and it seems the booster adds a lot for people like him. They need the 3rd dose. The NHS website says most people's booster will be Pfizer or Moderna, less likely to be Astra Zeneca. Maybe that'll be better for you? I had Pfizer without issues.

Black piggies

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
I've had my flu jab as they offered it me at the same time my youngest had her nasal one (with a cold and for the first year other than a sore arm and swollen lymph node no side effects!) don't think I'm due my booster for covid yet I had my first vac in Feb and second in May but I'll be getting it as soon as offered! 😁
Ah you could be offered your booster next month. Yes I take any vaccine going lol.

Black piggies

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
I work for the NHS and had flu and the booster together. No issues to report here
Thanks, glad it went well. I had the covid booster 5 or 6 days after flu jab, no effect from booster, not even a sore arm, felt rough after flu jab but went into it with bad head cold so probably that. Relieved I'm jabbed up 😊

Betsy

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
My flu jab was all booked for next Saturday, I had a letter today saying that there's not enough stock so the clinic has been cancelled. Not at all happy about it.