• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Food Bowl Disaster!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Amsy1991

I really do have problem guinea pigs!Hehe

My guinea pigs have a habit of tipping their food bowl over.It makes a terrible mess and then the food gets soggy from where they go to the toilet!They do eat it but i gets on my nerves as the hutch is so messy all the time!And it is a waste of food,my time and of their clean beding!Does anyone know what i should do?

Thanks, Amsy ?

What kind of bowl do you have? I have bowls that are hard to tip up. Choose a heavy ceramic one that doesn't have the top bit bigger than the bottom. If that's what you have then I don't know how to stop it.

No i dont have that.Ill get a picture of it soon.I was given it by the owner of the pet Center in Shirley.I'm going away for the week end so you might not have a reply strait away

Sooty does that all the time but I think it's because he likes doing it. He likes to hide his food under all his hay :)

Aww how sweet!Hehe
It does get really yucky in their cage though.I am going to get a heavier food bowl in November maybe so that may help!

I clean Misty and Sooty's everyday because of the mess they make with their food :)

Heh good idea.I just dont have the time nowadays!I do clean them out as MUCH as possible if i can! :( ;D

Yes you do need a heavy food bowl with a wide base. Having said that, some guineas will still use the food bowl as a toilet, especially if they are quite young.

Oh yes. :)

And I remember once Scarby tried to brain Doctor with the cereal bowl.

Agree with what others have said- a 6 inch ceramic bowl with straight sides would work best.

You can get them in wilkinsons for about £2.

I've got food dispensers that have hooks that hold them on the side of the cage/run and the food is poured into the top and they eat from the bottom no mess no waste you can get them from ebay,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back