• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Foot problem

Alix1974

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with what this might be on my 1 year old Guinea pigs paw, and if I should be worried. Thank you 115792115793

It is a foot spur. They are very common in piggies and it's a piece of hard dead skin that grows off the pad. There is no need to take any action with it and it should not interfere with your piggies life. However, if you have one that is sticking out and likely to get caught you may want to trim it back with claw trimmers or ask your vet to do this to prevent it catching and ripping the live skin it's attached to

Thank you so much . Glad it's nothing serious x

Attachments

• 20190512_160007.jpg
    20190512_160007.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 0
Back