• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

For all those horsey people ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shellza

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As Romily suggested in another thread, I thought I'd make a thread for all us horsey people to share our pictures. Please feel free to add photos of your horses too.
I'll start of with my lovely boy Vinnie:
This is him showing off his new blankie
DSCF1413.jpg

Excuse the dirty mane...it's hard to keep clean rolleyes
DSCF1412.jpg

And sporting the full face fly mask :))
DSCF1441.jpg

Getting in a strop because I won't let him go past my sisters mare
DSCF1380.jpg

DSCF1381.jpg

wow hes gorgous! x) i love horses but have never actually seen one up close :x think i need to change that :))

And some of my sisters mare, Lucy:
In her new blankie (with my sister)...
DSCF1406.jpg

In the fly mask
DSCF1442.jpg

DSCF1382.jpg

And a couple of them together:
DSCF1374.jpg

Bum Pic:
DSCF1336.jpg

DSCF1334.jpg

This is my handsome man Beau ! Hes a just turned 4 year old Irish Cob backed him myself hes my superstar :) x

100_0019.jpg

Photo0038.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

Photo0094.jpg

meandbeau.jpg

beaustunning.jpg

meandbeauxxx.jpg

he doesnt look to happy in the last one he was waiting to go back in his stable for his dinner ! x

wow some beautiful horses on here! makes me want to go riding again:)

Aww, I love cobby types...the chunkier and hairier the better :)) Your mans gorgeous ASHLix :) Love the black and white photo...and his face in the last :))

What stunners! I have been virtual horse shopping the last few days, I really want a Fresian!

Friesians are lovely, so pretty and elegant. I just love all horses...I can't wait to have kids so I have an excuse to get a little pony :))

Where do you keep your horse as I noticed palm trees and a cactus!

Where do you keep your horse as I noticed palm trees and a cactus!

Mine are in Spain, hence the lack of grass lol. I've lived out there since I was 12. I've only been back in the UK for the last 2 years for uni. I'm hoping to go back to Spain as soon as I finish.

What stunners! I have been virtual horse shopping the last few days, I really want a Fresian!

Theres someone in ayrshire that usually has a couple of friesans :x but i neer told you that :)) x

Mine are in Spain, hence the lack of grass lol. I've lived out there since I was 12. I've only been back in the UK for the last 2 years for uni. I'm hoping to go back to Spain as soon as I finish.

:)):)) I thought it looked a little exotic for Gloucester!

This is my mums 'project', Sheltie. I took them on Thursday (on my phone so probably not great quality):

2644eabd.jpg

4b27f6f5.jpg

69cd3985.jpg

193e0c6c.jpg

And Sheltie with the beautiful Spice who was PTS last month:

DSCF0990.jpg

Oh he's adorable! I saw the thread you posted a while ago about Spice :( What a shame. Sheltie is so so cute though. Lovely pics :)

Some handsome horses and I adore your Haflinger

Here are my two mares

Hollie
Sadly she was retired two years ago due to some sort of neck injury, it was becoming too dangerous to ride her and she was having balance issues where she needed steriods. Thankfully she doesnt seem to bad now, and she is starting some reiki treatment also to help with her neck tension.

64897_159197310765324_100000251670133_423152_1591791_n.jpg

n567590617_4463653_3740.jpg

60171_10150262570685618_567590617_14364725_4760303_n.jpg

35781_10150216343655618_567590617_13083239_4820300_n.jpg

Roz
Our old girl. We got her from a equestrian centre that I used to teach at. She was already retired and we thought we'd give her a nice retirement home and as a friend for Hollie. She is DEF the boss!
5413_252244080617_567590617_8189394_5017890_n.jpg

5413_252244070617_567590617_8189392_3425699_n.jpg

I want to get another horse in a few years time, once I am more settled in a better paid job. Pref a cob or something with clydesdale in it.
Both my horses are at my parents and as I moved to Suffolk this year I dont see them as much, but I tend to go home every few months for a week or so.

Hollie is gorgeous. I love big chunky horses :)) Roz looks like a character too. Lovely pics, thanks for sharing :)

Hollie is gorgeous. I love big chunky horses :)) Roz looks like a character too. Lovely pics, thanks for sharing :)

Yeah I love my chunkies too :) I would like a piebald cob mare next I think, but they dont grow very big on average without a bit of shire or another heavy breed in them.
Roz is cheeky, she used to bite and kick and now she is lovely but she used to hate all the little kids at the riding school.

I so wish I had photos to share, but alas I don't so I will have to tell you all instead if you can bear with me!

When I was 10 my mum decided to get a horse on loan we could share. Enter Sam the most fantastic hairy, cobby 14.2hh piebald gypsy cob. I looked like a pea on a drum when I rode him, but I adored him! He was like a moveable, hairy armchair and so good natured. I fell off him once and he stopped, put his head down and nuzzled me. He would let me sit on him when he was lying in his field but although his owner wanted us to keep him, we lost grazing and had to give him back. That broke my heart and I will never forget my wonderful Sam x)

Couple more loan ponies after that a good few years later, one of whom made me lose my confidence. Next came Tonto a 14hh skewbald, slightly stocky but not really cobby. He and I did everything together and he was a beautiful chestnut skewbald. He was the first pony I did competitions on and gave me my confidence on. One day he kept going lame, sound after rest then lame once ridden again. Vet came out, knew Tonto and told us he had arthritis and should be on Bute! Owners hadn't bothered to tell us and because he hadn't been having Bute he was never sound enough to be ridden again so at 18 I retired him. The field he was kept in got sold to developers so as grazing was hard to find where we lived (snapped up, long waiting lists) we asked the owner to take him back. She didn't want him back, said if we couldn't keep him anymore have him put down! Vet was horrified when mum told him and relieved we wouldn't do it. Tonto was perfectly sound and in no pain as long as you didn't ride him. Mum managed to get the horse sanctuary in Norfolk to take him in where he spent about 5 years before he had to be put down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back