• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

For the love of all that is holy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lord! How do you fit them all in? I have 3 pigs and they take up nearly my whole bedroom in cages and runs. I take it your bunsters are free range? I would love a free range house bun but I don't think the 2 dogs would take to it, Ben would probably think, mmmm dinner! :))

Well,

I have a three bedroom house for me and my husband. So it's aways a good start. I have 3 in the craft room in shop cages with a c&c run attatched (3X2) for the pair, and then a 2X2 for the singe boy.

Then in the study I have five. 2 are in a 4x2.
Another pair who get a alot of floor time are in a 2x2
Then One boar who unfortunatey has to live on his own is in a 3x3.

In the garage I have a mix of 2x4's. and 3x2's for the pigs.

Then in the garage - bunny wise- there is Jack and Isobelle in the two story hutch. Poppy in the singe as I am still bonding her with Midnight.

Outside in the bunny village there is Midnight. Flossy. Magic and Velvet.

I have a rota system so they all get equal time outside for play times.

I clean out one Bunny hutch and one Pig cage a day. And at those times, they either have, free range outside, or free range in the garage. I prefere outside as with the bunnies there are places they can get to where they shoudn't. But they always come out when they are hungry enough :/

And then my three hammies live on my kitchen tabe :D

so you see it's really not that compicated... o.0

On a serious note, Lexy, you need to be very careful before you take on any more animals.

What if your circumstances change? What if your husband were to be made redundant? What if you needed to get a full-time job for financial reasons? What if you had kids?
What if you had to move? What if you decided that you wanted to go out more?

All of these factors would affect your ability to look after your pets. With 25 animals a spate of illnesses could run into thousands of pounds. There is no obligation for you to adopt every animal advertised on the forum!

Stop and think about it!

I had 12 and that was too many, although I work full time. I have the resources to care foe my pets if they get ill but some losses mean that I am now at 8, which is a much more manageable number for me.

Pollie.

I have 2 buns and 2 piggles and am ALWAYS spending all my free time and money on them! I have a huge kitchen in quite a small house but my buns have that. Can't wait til they can go outside in their new shed!

Awwwww i always feel like this hehe, i now stop myself looking on the rescueandrehoming section / rspca adoption/ etc etc :))

On a serious note, Lexy, you need to be very careful before you take on any more animals.

What if your circumstances change? What if your husband were to be made redundant?

My darling, neither of us have jobs anyway.

What if you decided that you wanted to go out more?

I'm not massivly a people person. I'm trying to get the right balance of meds into my system to make me less wonky in the head though ;)

With 25 animals a spate of illnesses could run into thousands of pounds. There is no obligation for you to adopt every animal advertised on the forum!

both very true points.

This post was really mostly a joke of me seeing baby bunnies and going...d'''aawwwww! But you've deffo kicked some sense into my lovely ^_^

Glad that you're thinking things through. The problem is that there are always so many animals needing homes that you need to put limits on what you take on.

It's sometimes very hard on forums like this when you see people take in more and amore animals and you really want to ask what will happen if there are problems. People who overcommit in the number of animals they take on sometimes end up having to rehome all of their pets and that is tragic for all concerned.

Glad that you're thinking things through. The problem is that there are always so many animals needing homes that you need to put limits on what you take on.

It's sometimes very hard on forums like this when you see people take in more and amore animals and you really want to ask what will happen if there are problems. People who overcommit in the number of animals they take on sometimes end up having to rehome all of their pets and that is tragic for all concerned.

I couldn't agree more honey. It's the hardest thing of caring SO much is, caring enough to know your limits/capabilities. I kind of feel that if I was to genuinly take on anymore animals, it would end up in me neglecting (unintentionally) the ones I already have. and I owe it to the lovelies I already have to give them the best life I can give them. :)

xx

Wow! And my OH moans cos I have just 2 cages for 4 piggies! That's a lot of ickle mouths to feed! :)

I guess you need to think about money really don't you? I spend a fortune on just two piggies, although I could spend a lot less as they are overly spoilt. It's annoying cause you just want more and more animals once you start and you have to be sensible and don't let your heart rule you head, I hate being sensible though it's boring!xox

My other half threw a hissy fit when I built a 3 by 4 c+c cage in our spare room lol, you are very lucky to have such an understanding husband! :)

i have 22 guinea pigs and 4 foster guineas, i have 4 rabbits, now 5 hamsters rolleyes plus 2 dogs.

I'm lucky that my hubby has a well paid job and that i know enough about guinea pigs to treat myself and have the treatment here, but things like ops do cost a lot of money so i now have a guinea account which i transfer money into each mth incase the worst would happen.

My rabbits i have 1 neutered male who lives with Tara my unspayed 7yrs old rabbit,

i then have another neutered male who lives with my spayed female, all the rabbits live in a 10ft by 6ft shed which has a mesh door divider so each 2pairs have 5ft by 6ft plus each pair has an outdoor run attached to there section of there shed which accessed via a cat flap at all times.

my guinea pigs live in a converted out house which has electrics in i have a 6ft triple tier hutch plus a 4ft triple teir hutch then a 3ft by 3ft 2 tier cage, one of the cages i keep for fosters, i just dont have enough space to have anymore and think i cant keep and have every animal that needs a home.

i would however in extreme emergencies take on animals IF they were in an emergency situation.

7 rabbits is alot of rabbits and i really couldnt take on more than 4 rabbits as i know rabbits need sooooo much space and time and are in my eyes pretty much like having a cat or small dog. 4 is defo my max.

i also know i couldnt have them in the house as in time the house would smell especially in warm weather and smell is something i cant cope with :))

stick to what you have and maybe even look at fostering its so much rewarding x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back