• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

For those of you with kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm being nosy.
I am helping two of the anaesthetists with a project on pain relief in labour, esp when an epidural is not suitable (ie giving patient-controlled analgesia).

Just wondered what sort of pain relief you lot had and was it any good?

I havent any kids, the sheer thought of the pain of labour was enough to put me off! ;D ;D

Deb x

My mum had that gas stuff and my friend Nat had something else but i cant remeber it ill find out though x

My mother had an epidiural and had no pain at all. I cannot understand women who want "natural" birth. What is the point when we have advanced so much? And you can have a lovely anaesthetist to do it for you ;D

Had Pethedine with my eldest, awful stuff, wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Also had gas and air.

Had an epidural with the middle one, because of high blood pressure, pure bliss LOL! also had gas and air.

With the baby I just had gas and air, mind you it was considerably quicker.

I havent had any kids yet but when i do ill use whatever they got lol but if i had a epidural i'd worry id lost my legs and that would make me panic lol x

With my 1st I had 21 hours labour started with gas and air then epidural then caersaran (c-section)

With my 2nd child had 9 hours labour with gas and air. Wanted an epidural, waters broke then out she came within an hour But last hour I had nothing the midwife wouldnt let me. So gave birth totally naturally. If my waters had broken at the beginning it would of only been an hour in total.

If I can help in anyway pm me.

Michele

Thanks everyone! I'm just being nosy ;D
Our hosp is just starting to use a new painkiller for women who can't have an epidural (for medical reasons or choice). Pethidine is still the most common, also morphine, diamorphine and fentanyl.

all 5 of mine were with out any pain relief and the bigger the easier it was, Ryan was 6.14 and hurt like hell, yet Liam was 9.8 and Josh 9.7 and both were easy, think its maybe the only good thing i'm good at giving birth, lol maybe thats why i had 5 I tried a whiff of gas and air and felt sick with Stuart the first and felt sick, so never ever bothered again, they were all under 3 hour labours mind you,

I haven't any kids myself, but my mum is getting a spinal block. But then she is having a planned Caesarean (not necessary elective as she has no choice what with it being multiples).

Probably of no use to you but you never know.

Absolutely. Arrange it all before then everyone (obstetricians, anaesthetists and midwife) will know what's going on.

That's the easy part! LOL

Got a fertility appt on 14th so hopefully some good news! Fingers crossed!

i had gas and air didnt have time for epidurals or anything actually was only in major pain for half an hour with both, my second they had to catch her and i decorated the walls lol

kellyandpiggies said:
When it comes to me having them, I want pain relief! ;D LOL

wish i could get pain relief now i have had them. The hardest bit is now when you have them. take it from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back