Found A Rabbit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've posted this on the rabbit forum as well but as its half 1 in the morning most people are asleep and I'm panicking a bit so I think I'm looking for some reassurance but more importantly some advice. I was driving near my house about an hour ago after work and I saw this bunny in the road. It's definetly a pet rabbit, not a wild one, and it was so friendly, it walked around a bit but wasn't panicking or running away from me very fast. I think it's a boy but don't know for sure, he let me pick him up and this road is right next to a school and not far from a dual carriageway and tomorrow morning there's going to be loads of kids walking up that road and lots of cars going to the school and dual carriageway. I was also concerned about foxes and cats so I've brought him home with me. He's now in a pet carrier in my room with lots of newspaper and hay and I'm not sure what to do. I've posted on facebook because it's not a huge town so I wanted word to get round in case anyone's missing him and tomorrow morning I'm going to go back and knock on the doors of the houses and ask. I don't think he's been set free because he's so friendly and he's not fat but I wouldn't say he's particularly skinny. I don't know if I've done the right thing, he's quite a big rabbit and this pet carrier isn't really big enough for him, but its all I've got, whilst I'm awake I've left the door open so he can move around if he wants but understandably he's quite scared and hasn't yet. What if I can't find his owners? My parents are asleep now I'm worried they're going to be really angry with me for bringing him home but I was worried he'd get killed. Sorry for the long post I'm panicking a bit

Wigwig

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
No you did the right thing :) He will be fine in the pet carrier for the moment. If you cant find his owners, then I guess you have the option of either keeping him or giving him to a shelter, or selling him to a new home? I dont see how your parents can be angry, its not like you took a wild rabbit in.

Alicia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I did not think this through, I'm panicking so much right now I keep thinking about the what if's and things. I left the carrier door open whilst I'm awake because he's quite big and there really isn't much space in there for him and it took a while but now he's charging round my room, I think he even did a few binkies :) I will go round the houses tomorrow, even if I can't find his owner tomorrow maybe one of the neighbours will know of a missing bunny. Just seen he's eating hay too, I'm so glad to see this he seems a lot more relaxed than he was earlier

madguinealady

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I would have picked him up as well.You did the right thing.Good luck finding his owners

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Definitely done the right thing! I hope you manage to find it's owner, but I advise you don't advertise colours etc, just that you have found a rabbit. There are a lot of dodgy people around who may claim it's theres just to get a free rabbit. If they can explain his colour, size and sex then it's probably theirs.

Goth Mummy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh you did the right thing! The RSPCA might take him in if you call them x

Crazy4Cavies

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well done on taking him in! Hope you find his owners soon.

Maisy and Poppy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Could you pm me your location as I am in Farnham Surrey so we might be near ?
Well done on rescuing the rabbit!

Tim

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Well done on spotting him and taking him in. I'm sure anyone here would have done the same thing. How is Bugs today? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.