• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Fozzy heat stroke

I've given him 0.25ml of loxicom/metacam this morning. I have some zantac syrup from Rollie's time. I think I should give some of that too.

He's really not perky today. You can see that he's not happy. I've not seem him eat anything (other than a little bit of pepper) today. I'm thinking he's in pain. Hoping the

Yes, Ted is just never been a fan of anything mushy CC or Science Selective or mushed up pellets! I did get quite good at it but he didn’t enjoy it, you could see by the look on his face! But I think in the end he knew it was coming and that was that, it kept him alive until we could a proper piggie vet in Simon Maddock
Bill loves it, will eat it off a spoon! Although touch wood he has never needed it and managed to eat ok, he just had a broken front incisor which is now growing fat and has to be filed down to size to fit the others
I remember when they were on holiday and we all had dental issues!

I've given him 0.25ml of loxicom/metacam this morning. I have some zantac syrup from Rollie's time. I think I should give some of that too.

He's really not perky today. You can see that he's not happy. I've not seem him eat anything (other than a little bit of pepper) today. I'm thinking he's in pain. Hoping the

So they didn't send him home with medication? That's not good. You can give a higher Metacam dose if needed. I am currently giving Tilly 0.4 ml twice daily. He needs to be on gut motility drugs for a few days.

So they didn't send him home with medication? That's not good. You can give a higher Metacam dose if needed. I am currently giving Tilly 0.4 ml twice daily. He needs to be on gut motility drugs for a few days.
No, luckily I have stuff at home! They aren't our usual vets, they will stay that way. If Simon wasn't so far, I'd take him there but a hour plus journey when he's this wobbly isn't an option.

Yep, when he was in with them over night. You can feel the bumps under his skin. I think I'll make an appointment for our vets today.
I think some more fluids would be a good idea. Also depending on appointment time, get them to give injectable gut motility drugs

Good luck at the vets
Thank you. Luckily it was our usual vet who is lovely and familiar with Fozz. His tummy was very empty so they've given gut mobility etc. and he's staying in there for the day for a nurse to feed every hour or so. So worried about him. Vet said his temp was good, it was well down so now dealing with the after effects of over heating.

Please ask for motility medication to keep the guts going in addition to the pain med. Good that he has had sub-q fluids.
I am very sorry that Hoo is not stable.

We've got these poos today! Had him out for floor time to monitor his poos. I've never been happier! My wonderful OH stayed up all night last night giving him 15ml every few hours. He still only has an appetite for fresh goodies (he's eating grass, kale, pepper independently) but hasn't got any want to eat nuggets or much hay yet. We're sticking to fibreplex and zantac three times a day as well as twice daily loxicom. Rollie has his check up with Simon tomorrow so I've asked our vets to mind Fozz whilst we go. The last thing he needs is an 1.5hr trip to Northampton. I'm hoping fozz's appetite will return soon as he starts to consume more. Weight has gone from 1190g to 1249g.

Attachments

• IMG_20190711_172029.jpg
    IMG_20190711_172029.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 0
We've got these poos today! Had him out for floor time to monitor his poos. I've never been happier! My wonderful OH stayed up all night last night giving him 15ml every few hours. He still only has an appetite for fresh goodies (he's eating grass, kale, pepper independently) but hasn't got any want to eat nuggets or much hay yet. We're sticking to fibreplex and zantac three times a day as well as twice daily loxicom. Rollie has his check up with Simon tomorrow so I've asked our vets to mind Fozz whilst we go. The last thing he needs is an 1.5hr trip to Northampton. I'm hoping fozz's appetite will return soon as he starts to consume more. Weight has gone from 1190g to 1249g.

Hi! Great that Fozzy is doing well and has some very respectable poos! Hang on in there. if you can, feed him more regularly throughout the day and then only once during the night. If you are doing this for yet a few more days you need to work around your own sleep deficit/need to rest. ;)

Just caught up with this.
What a week you’re having. Hope things continue to improve for Fozzy

Thanks all. Our plan is to feed/medicate him now. Do one overnight. Then he's off to the vets at 9am whilst I take Rollie to Simon (third vet this week... I'm a vet groupie!) we'll medicate him and feed before he goes to the vets so they just need to watch and do feeds. I'm really hoping he's turning a corner...

So he's taken 20ml with his fibreplex, zantac and loxicom. We'll do another feed in 2hrs or so and then one at 2am. He's just pooed again, still well formed and of a good colour. Just hoping his appetite will return soon. 🤞
Also giving his sulfatrim twice a day in case there's any remnants of his slight respiratory problem. I'm wondering whether this had been lurking as he'd been more picky with food all weekend. The heat stroke was probably on top of this?

Back