• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Freddie's very sore mouth!

furryfriends (TEAS)

Forum Founder
Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Director at TEAS (East Hunsbury) Northampton
Freddie has been to see auntie Kim today and he’s got very severe oral thrush. His tongue is very swollen and the soft tissue in his mouth is very ulcerated and swollen too. No wonder he’s not wanting to eat! Freddie has been prescribed Itrafungol, Zithromax and Loxicom. He’s such a brave boy and I’m really hoping he’ll feel very much better soon!

Poor boy! he must have been in such discomfort! :(

Good that he is now diagnosed and can hopefully start eating again once the medication is kicking in fully!

Oh, poor little fellow. No wonder he wasn’t eating.Hope he soon feels better.
Kim said his mouth was so sore and bleeding! He's never the easiest piggy to syringe feed, but he really panics whenever I try to get food in, but it's essential, so I will have to just make him have it! It's heartbreaking seeing him struggle, but hopefully he will feel better soon.

Kim said his mouth was so sore and bleeding! He's never the easiest piggy to syringe feed, but he really panics whenever I try to get food in, but it's essential, so I will have to just make him have it! It's heartbreaking seeing him struggle, but hopefully he will feel better soon.

Oh that’s so sad. Poor little man.

His poor little mouth must be so sore. I had oral thrush when I was about 10 and it is so uncomfortable. Hopefully he'll feel better soon. Healing vibes being sent.

Back