• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Free ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
http://household.uk.freeads.net/PLEASE_GIVE_ME_YOUR_VIEWS!-346295.htm

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR VIEWS! First of all may I say thank you for all the views (good and bad), support and information people have given my so far. However, I am still hoping to get some more views upon me planning to take up breeding Baldwin Guinea - Pigs. These are a completely hairless breed of Guinea - Pig. This will be a huge mission due to the fact that Baldwins are not really known in England. PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS ANOTHER SEMI - HAIRLESS BREED OF GUINEA - PIG KNOWN AS SKINNIES! So if you would consider or like a Baldwin Guinea-Pig in the future please drop me an email so I know I am not wasting my time or money (if I go ahead with this I WILL BE out of pocket, so I need to know if this is worth it and fair upon these creatures). I believe they are good for allergy suffers, but I am not 100% sure, I am researching this intensely if anyone has any information upon this issue please drop me an email. Thank you, especially to some of the people who have emailed me so far, showing such concern towards these animals. I will look foward to hearing some more views. I will keep everyone updated.

I've not e-mailled as i dont know much about these pigs. Perhaps someone on here could?

This was highlighted a few weeks ago when something almost identical was posted by this person. People have been in touch, including friends if mine, but it seems this guy may simply be fishing for breeders to supply him with skinnies to breed from?

By all accounts, he has already received a ,lot of advice, but maybe not quite what he wants to hear?
That is just the way it appears to many :-\

I can't help but feel that these guineas are going to attract a lot of kids who will want them because it's a bit of a 'freaky' pet. They'd get one for Xmas and maybe buy a guinea-pig book which didn't mention hairless guineas. I don't think of them as freaky but a lot of kids would. I'm not keen on their appearance but I'd still take one in if it needed a home, as I'm sure most other people would on here.

You are obviously doing your research but I would think very carefully about this. You would vet owners properly I'm sure but it could encourage a new fad - I just remember my sister bringing home terrapins from the vets which had been abandoned after the novelty had worn off. Anything that's a bit different often encourages the wrong attention.

Sorry, a negative view, but I just feel uneasy about it.

It's not me, someone posted on the free ads.
I would take one if it needed a home. But i wouldn't go looking for one.

darkest.dreaming said:
It's not me, someone posted on the free ads.
I would take one if it needed a home. But i wouldn't go looking for one.
Oops. Very sorry. Didn't read it properly - or too much wine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back