• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Free biscuits, free tea/coffee...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Now that I've got your attention, just a quick plea to all my friends. Please consider giving blood this week as stocks are really low and you will indeed get free tea and biscuits. It would be the best present you could give this Christmas :)

If you have any queries about giving blood, ring 0300 123 2323 at ANY time.
http://www.blood.co.uk/

Please repost this, even if you cannot give blood yourself xx

how old do you have to be to donate blood, I'm 16 and really want to help out :)

I was told not to come back :x, Apparently collapsing isn't normal :o. I agree though if your able to give then it's a lovely thing to do at Christmas and it really can Save a life!

how old do you have to be to donate blood, I'm 16 and really want to help out :)

You have to be 17 hun http://www.blood.co.uk/can-i-give-blood/who-can-give-blood/

I was told not to come back :x, Apparently collapsing isn't normal :o. I agree though if your able to give then it's a lovely thing to do at Christmas and it really can Save a life!

Awww :( I'm not good after either so I might not be able to carry on going :( So I'm trying to get more people to think about donating so if I have to stop at least they won't lose out.

I went with hubby the first time he gave blood and ended up with free biscuits and juice and didnt shed one spot of blood :)) - i was leaning against a stack of chairs and was getting further and further back to the point I threw his jacket and stuff at him and legged it out the door as was at the passing out stage

I have enough trouble giving blood when it is needed let alone give a whole pint but I really do admire people who do this on a regular basis or as a one off :) x

I went with hubby the first time he gave blood and ended up with free biscuits and juice and didnt shed one spot of blood :)) - i was leaning against a stack of chairs and was getting further and further back to the point I threw his jacket and stuff at him and legged it out the door as was at the passing out stage

I have enough trouble giving blood when it is needed let alone give a whole pint but I really do admire people who do this on a regular basis or as a one off :) x

haha you sound like my Mum, when I was 9 I flew over the handle bars of my bike & smashed my face up. I was laying on the trolley in A&E waiting to be seen when whoosh all of a sudden she's on the floor getting more attention from the nurses than me:))

haha you sound like my Mum, when I was 9 I flew over the handle bars of my bike & smashed my face up. I was laying on the trolley in A&E waiting to be seen when whoosh all of a sudden she's on the floor getting more attention from the nurses than me:))

:))

It would be nice if i could give blood or donate my organs when i kick the bucket! :| ill just have to donate my corneas and various other tissues. :)

I did my good deed for the week on Tues and went. There was a thing in the newspaper saying they desperately needed donors, especially O- which I am so I went. Its nice to know my bllod is helping some prem babies out there.

Now that I've got your attention, just a quick plea to all my friends. Please consider giving blood this week as stocks are really low and you will indeed get free tea and biscuits. It would be the best present you could give this Christmas :)

If you have any queries about giving blood, ring 0300 123 2323 at ANY time.
http://www.blood.co.uk/

Please repost this, even if you cannot give blood yourself xx

This is something I have always wanted to do. My local area is next doing it in Feb x

I would love to give blood, I've been seventeen times now, but unfortunately I'm anaemic so I've only managed to give blood on four occasions :( Wish i could give though it's so frustrating when I can’t due to lack of iron :( I'm on the bone marrow donor list too, and would recommend people putting their names forward for this too . :)

I used to regularly give blood but now, because I am on regular medication (a lot!) I am no longer allowed to.

:))

It would be nice if i could give blood or donate my organs when i kick the bucket! :| ill just have to donate my corneas and various other tissues. :)

My husband asked me ages ago if I would mind if he went on organ donor register and of course the answer was of course not it is such a great thing to think that your relatives could help someone after they have gone - I wasn't keen on him donating his corneas (working in an eye department I know how they retrieve these :)>>> ) though I know if I were to donate my corneas I would have to leave my glasses too :)) as my eyesight is rubbish

I am not sure if he has actually joined the donor registeryet but I considered joining the bone marrow list as with my kidney condition and its possible effects on other organs I am not sure whether they would be able to use any of my organs :(

I would love to but my fear of needles being near that area of my arm stops me :|
I had to have an injection/tube coming out that area when I was having stuff done to my eyes and the nurse wasn't very sympathetic, soon changed her tune when I passed out though.

My husband asked me ages ago if I would mind if he went on organ donor register and of course the answer was of course not it is such a great thing to think that your relatives could help someone after they have gone - I wasn't keen on him donating his corneas (working in an eye department I know how they retrieve these :)>>> ) though I know if I were to donate my corneas I would have to leave my glasses too :)) as my eyesight is rubbish

I am not sure if he has actually joined the donor registeryet but I considered joining the bone marrow list as with my kidney condition and its possible effects on other organs I am not sure whether they would be able to use any of my organs :(

I have to admit that when I was ticking the boxes for the donor register I didn't tick cornea. Something about it freaks me out a bit ")

thanks for linking this, I have never given blood:red but know I should (i'm AB+) but I feel sick just visiting ill people and seeing all the things, I am not even good at my own children being ill (make me feel ill, ohh the thought of needles)

:laluot_11::laluot_23:

but I will be strong ekkk will take a look at the link xx

i went to give blood and almost passed out, when ive had blood tests they had to get oxygen on merolleyes and my blood pressure droppedrolleyes

my son had 2 blood transfusions and my little keeley had 9, so i know how important it is people keep giving as with out people giving blood my 2 children would be dead now x

I would love to give blood, I've been seventeen times now, but unfortunately I'm anaemic so I've only managed to give blood on four occasions :( Wish i could give though it's so frustrating when I can’t due to lack of iron :( I'm on the bone marrow donor list too, and would recommend people putting their names forward for this too . :)

I would reccomend that everyone joins the organ donor register, after your gone, you dont need your organs. Donate them, so other people can continue to live a more fulfilling life. I think its amazing that a person can be dead, but their organs continue to function.

If it wasnt for people on the register, i wouldnt be here today.

one day i will build up the courage to do this!could do with someone to hold my hand!
as for when I'm dead ive said they can do what they like with my body and any bits in it

I gave in the last few months so I can't for a bit longer :( going on bone marrow donor also looking into the Competent Donor thing which is where you have your blood taken, it isseperated then they keep the bits they need and give you the rest back so you can go every few weeks but the nearest one is about 2hrs away from me. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back