1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Severe Weather predicted in the UK Monday 16th October - Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Anniversary Herd is proud to announce our Halloween / Guy Fawkes Photo competition for details please click.....here!. Closing date extended - until Tuesday 17th 18:00 GMT.
    Dismiss Notice

Free Samples!

Discussion in 'Guinea Pig Chat' started by stargrrlclaire, Aug 20, 2008.

1. lawz

lawz Junior Guinea Pig

My lot love this, and pet-supermarket sell it cheaper then petsathome too :)

Maisy and Poppy likes this.
  2. Marshmallows

Marshmallows Junior Guinea Pig

I had emailed a Facebook page at suggestion of another member for samples of Timothy Hay (http://www.timothyhay.co.uk). I have yet to recieve the sample but we dived in and purchased a 10kg bag, for £22 as we were running out of our ASDA Meadow Hay.

The shipping was extremely quick - ordered Sunday, arrived Tuesday (today) - and the boys have not stopped eating! You have an option of 2013 or 2014 - we went with 2013 and the hay is soooooo lovely, quiet green with long stems! Our supermarket stuff had loads of small bits and dust. The delivery was free and it works out to be cheaper than the supermarket bought stuff! Highly recommended UK piggie owners -- request a sample!

image.jpg

3. Marshmallows

How did Popcorn like it? We received this sample last week, but unfortunately, our boys didn't dig it :no:. We got the Burgess Excel nuggets samples which they loved! I, for some reason, didn't realize that we had a 2kg bag of it sitting around (which I got with a secondhand cage we bought) so that will last them for a while!

Samples are such a great idea. As a new piggies owner, it's quiet difficult to know what to buy! :mal:

4. theoretikos

theoretikos Rescue Buddy
    Forum Donator 2016/17

@Marshmallows Glad your piggies like the hay from there. My two can't stop eating it. They are on a break from timothy just now but I will be buying another bag soon :)

Marshmallows likes this.
  5. Marshmallows

@theoretikos, it's AMAZING! I'm so glad we ordered as the Timothy Hay from Pets@Home was soooo yellow and the American imported brand was quiet expensive! I will too be definitely be ordering once we're done! :tu:

Maisy and Poppy and theoretikos like this.
  6. theoretikos

theoretikos Rescue Buddy
    Forum Donator 2016/17

My boys ran away from the American imported stuff and it made Quinn sneeze :(

7. poohbear01

poohbear01 Junior Guinea Pig

Popcorn hasn't had it yet he loves his dandelion and marigold herbage from Burgess excel so won't be changing that over I've also contacted rosewood that sell the boredom breakers toys and snacks havent heard nothing yet

8. poohbear01

I can highly recommended Burgess excel my last guinea pig loved the mint one and popcorn loves the mint and oregano and blackcurrant one

9. poohbear01

And my last piggy peanut loved the complete food cubes too I only used those as a treat though

10. Maisy and Poppy

Maisy and Poppy Adult Guinea Pig

I second selective and Timothy hay . Co.uk! Brilliant stuff!

11. lovehammys263

lovehammys263 Junior Guinea Pig

Got sent some freebies today! I got 2 50g packs of science selctive-they were tiny! But I guess they were free so it doesn't really matter! I also got sent some vouchers from wagg! My pigs love the science selective and I will probably start putting a few on their pellets to encourage them to eat!
    ( I won't feed them as their main pellet because I personally think the calcuim percentage is too high at 0.8%)

12. Maisy and Poppy

Any companies you have sent email to other than selective, readigrass and Timothy hay uk?

13. lovehammys263

lovehammys263 Junior Guinea Pig

I sent a letter to burguess and got some blackcurrant and oregano pellets.

I also got vouchers from wagg/Harrington's.

That's all I think!

14. Maisy and Poppy

Thank you

lovehammys263 likes this.
  15. Harry&lloyd

Harry&lloyd Adult Guinea Pig

Not guinea pig related but I sent one to burns who do dog & cat food and got 3 samples of cat food & a really good book on cat nutrition x

GloriousGuineaGirl likes this.
  16. lucie

lucie Junior Guinea Pig

Yeah I got vouchers from Wagg and Harringtons, with a brochure:) No samples though, but still nice:)

17. Rosehip

Rosehip Junior Guinea Pig

I received 3x 50g bags of science selective yesterday and I'm waiting for a sample of the timothy hay :-)
    After reading how much most guinea's liked the burgess Blackcurrant and oregano nuggets I bought some yesterday.... Lettie thinks that they are AMAZING, and is picking them out of her PAH nuggets, which is no mean feat considering she is having her pellets soaked at the moment!
    Piper and Bluey also like them better, and are currently 'decorating' their pens with the unwanted nuggets :mal: I think we will be swapping and then will offer both types separately when the babies are born!

I do love getting samples - but I have fussy diva's who keep changing their minds! xx

18. Rosehip

Just an update on the freebies!

Piper is refusing the Science Selective, and picks around the nuggets like the diva she is! Bluey will eat them when everything else is gone, and Lettie eats them as part of her mush, but doesn't choose to eat that side of the bowl first, so I wont bother getting any more!

I got a sample of the timothy hay the other day, and split it between the girls, I thought it had gone down well until I cleaned out today and found that Lettie had buried hers in her poo corner and both Piper and Bluey were using it as part of their beds! Looks like the horse hay wins paws down! x

19. lawz

lawz Junior Guinea Pig

@Rosehip love that lettie buried in her poo corner….clearly thats what she thinks of it! couldn't be any clearer!haha

Rosehip likes this.
  20. Rosehip

I know @lawz ! She had made like a little nest of it and used it as her pee and poo spot! I've never known a piggy like her! x