• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.
  • Spring Photo Competition - For more information Click Here Deadline for Photo submission extented - Sunday 6th May...

Free Samples!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshmallows

Junior Guinea Pig
I had emailed a Facebook page at suggestion of another member for samples of Timothy Hay (http://www.timothyhay.co.uk). I have yet to recieve the sample but we dived in and purchased a 10kg bag, for £22 as we were running out of our ASDA Meadow Hay.

The shipping was extremely quick - ordered Sunday, arrived Tuesday (today) - and the boys have not stopped eating! You have an option of 2013 or 2014 - we went with 2013 and the hay is soooooo lovely, quiet green with long stems! Our supermarket stuff had loads of small bits and dust. The delivery was free and it works out to be cheaper than the supermarket bought stuff! Highly recommended UK piggie owners -- request a sample!

image.jpg

Marshmallows

Junior Guinea Pig
I just got a 50g bag of Supreme science food in the post View attachment 27145 for popcorn to try
How did Popcorn like it? We received this sample last week, but unfortunately, our boys didn't dig it :no:. We got the Burgess Excel nuggets samples which they loved! I, for some reason, didn't realize that we had a 2kg bag of it sitting around (which I got with a secondhand cage we bought) so that will last them for a while!

Samples are such a great idea. As a new piggies owner, it's quiet difficult to know what to buy! :mal:

Marshmallows

Junior Guinea Pig
@Marshmallows Glad your piggies like the hay from there. My two can't stop eating it. They are on a break from timothy just now but I will be buying another bag soon :)
@theoretikos, it's AMAZING! I'm so glad we ordered as the Timothy Hay from Pets@Home was soooo yellow and the American imported brand was quiet expensive! I will too be definitely be ordering once we're done! :tu:

poohbear01

Junior Guinea Pig
Popcorn hasn't had it yet he loves his dandelion and marigold herbage from Burgess excel so won't be changing that over I've also contacted rosewood that sell the boredom breakers toys and snacks havent heard nothing yet

poohbear01

Junior Guinea Pig
I can highly recommended Burgess excel my last guinea pig loved the mint one and popcorn loves the mint and oregano and blackcurrant one

lovehammys263

Junior Guinea Pig
Got sent some freebies today! I got 2 50g packs of science selctive-they were tiny! But I guess they were free so it doesn't really matter! I also got sent some vouchers from wagg! My pigs love the science selective and I will probably start putting a few on their pellets to encourage them to eat!
( I won't feed them as their main pellet because I personally think the calcuim percentage is too high at 0.8%)

lucie

Junior Guinea Pig
Yeah I got vouchers from Wagg and Harringtons, with a brochure:) No samples though, but still nice:)

Rosehip

Junior Guinea Pig
I received 3x 50g bags of science selective yesterday and I'm waiting for a sample of the timothy hay :-)
After reading how much most guinea's liked the burgess Blackcurrant and oregano nuggets I bought some yesterday.... Lettie thinks that they are AMAZING, and is picking them out of her PAH nuggets, which is no mean feat considering she is having her pellets soaked at the moment!
Piper and Bluey also like them better, and are currently 'decorating' their pens with the unwanted nuggets :mal: I think we will be swapping and then will offer both types separately when the babies are born!

I do love getting samples - but I have fussy diva's who keep changing their minds! xx

Rosehip

Junior Guinea Pig
Just an update on the freebies!

Piper is refusing the Science Selective, and picks around the nuggets like the diva she is! Bluey will eat them when everything else is gone, and Lettie eats them as part of her mush, but doesn't choose to eat that side of the bowl first, so I wont bother getting any more!

I got a sample of the timothy hay the other day, and split it between the girls, I thought it had gone down well until I cleaned out today and found that Lettie had buried hers in her poo corner and both Piper and Bluey were using it as part of their beds! Looks like the horse hay wins paws down! x

Status
Not open for further replies.