Fresh Food Diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cute_Guineapigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hiya

Just researching fresh food for piggies and I wondered what you thought about this diet, prepared from this thread:
http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30297

Week 1:
Monday: Basil, Blackberries, Cabbage, Asparagus, Beetroot

Tuesday: Celery, Coriander, Pak Choi, Blueberries, Carrot

Wednesday: Parsley, Red Cabbage, Blackberries, Broccoli, Asparagus

Thursday: Rocket, Round Lettuce, Celery, Beetroot, Carrot

Friday: Basil, Watercress, Cabbage, Blueberries, Broccoli

Saturday: Celery, Coriander, Pak Choi, Asparagus, Carrot

Sunday: Red Cabbage, Parsley, Rocket, Blueberries, Broccoli

Week 2:
Monday: Round Lettuce, Watercress, Blackberries, Cauliflower, Cucumber

Tuesday: Basil, Celery, Cabbage, Grapes, Pepper

Wednesday: Red Cabbage, Coriander, Pak Choi, Tomato, Cauliflower

Thursday: Parsley, Blackberries, Round Lettuce, Cucumber, Pepper

Friday: Red Cabbage, Rocket, Celery, Grapes, Cauliflower

Saturday: Watercress, Basil, Blackberries, Tomato, Cucumber

Sunday: Cabbage, Coriander, Pak Choi, Pepper, Grapes

Teejay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi there, sounds just what I'd like to eat myself! I'm a complete newbie myself, so I wouldn't dream of commenting on the menu, but my first thought was "blimey, that's a big grocery bill"....lol :))

Tracey

Reaction score
It looks like a fab menu (providing your squigles actaully like all that haha alot of piggies can be rpetty fussy) As TeeJay said, I'd imagine it t be a pretty hefty bill too.

Mine definatly don't get that much selection, and I think a few other piggies on here don't either. Mine get brocoli, tomatoes, graps, apple, carrot, banana, pepper, greens, romaine lettuce, celery, cuccumber, grass and parsley (grown the garden)
Nearly all this stuff you can pick up pretty cheep from places like Iceland, Tesco & Aldi.
I think as long as they're not having exactly the same thing every day it should be fine :) Mine get 2 veggie in the morning, and 2 different veggies in the evening.

Also, I started off with a meal plan. But as soon as you don't have one of the things on taht lift for taht day it can mess up the rest of the list haha

Another thing; Fruit shouldn't be given too much in a week :) I see the plan is to have them every other day, thoguh I think I'd try just giving the fruit a couple of times a week :)

Jacs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
wow thats some menu :)) Mine don't get that kind of selection, I am still figuring out what mine like and don't like they have there faves and I tend to stick to those and then add new things in as I try them with it.

Reaction score
I've kinda got sorted what they like now, after 6 months haha!
They tend to have the same....12 or so veggies haha they seem wutie happy though =)

Joey&Gizmo

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I too tend to stick to the veg that my boys like and they get these veggies, not all in one go!

Pepper, coriander, dill, swede, parsnip, turnip, lettuce (all types no iceberg), carrot (once a week as a treat), celery, cucumber, basil, mint, sprouts, cabbage, green beans and broccoli.

I only have two piggys so dont tend to spend that much on veg and i go late evening to asda to do the shop, as i find they reduce the veg at around 7.30pm and i can get herbs etc for as little as 2p a bag! They are still fresh and i find aslong as you take them out of the plastic bags they last for ages.

Also aldi and lidl have deals on veg most weeks.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.