• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Fresh Herbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

salembinx

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I decided to grow a few herbs on my window sill for cooking and stuff. My beautiful piggie boys Captain Jack and Murray are now the main consumers of the said herbs. They do look forward to their herbs at supper. Is there any herbs that should be avoided or fed sparingly xx thank you xx

The only herbs I feed is dill and coriander and give two sprigs a day. Herbs are pretty high in calcium so best fed in small doses.

Thanks for that. I've fed them Basil Mint and Parsley maybe every couple of days to be safe then xx

I give Basil and Parsley sparingly but give mine coriander regularly. They all turn their noses up at mint which is a shame as I have no trouble growing it!

I have just planted herb pots on the windowsill in my piggies room as well as a tray of grass :)

I feed mine coriander, parsley, and mint. Well, only one of my boys actually eats mint. Coriander can be fed almost daily according to here, it is listed as "cilantro": http://www.guineapigcages.com/food/Veggie-and-Fruit-Charts.pdf
Parsley can be fed 2-4 times a week, basil and mint only a maxiumum of twice a week due to high calcium levels.

I feed mine coriander very frequently, some parsley, and occasionally mint for Doughnut. His brother won't touch mint at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back