• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Fresh Veggies For Picky Eaters

Allena

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Freddie gets a mix of fresh vegetables daily (plus his hay, of course). He seems to take extreme cravings for things though - I mean, he was going through a whole Cucumber (chopped) a day at one point. Then he went wild about Carrots, but only those cut in rounds, not baton shapes! That interest wained and it was all about Broccoli - first the florettes and then the stalk. We went through a Bell Pepper phase, but mind, only the yellow or orange ones, never red or green! Now his favourite thing seems to be Lettuce (Romaine). I can't keep up with him. He eats well but is definite "faddy". Trying to anticipate what the next fav thing might be - so I buy enough of "it" in - is exhausting! He won't eat cherry tomatoes at all. Has anyone else's piggy gone through such cravings? Is it normal? Will he grow out of it?

Welcome to the world of piggies.
They’re all the same - today’s favourite is tomorrow’s yuck.
Just feed veggies sensibly with a variety of stuff each day.
Of course the one they reject now will be a favourite again soon

One of my piggies used to loooove mint and now when I offer it she sniffs it and runs away and hides in her hidey like it's going to murder her lol. They also love short strand oat hay but wont eat long strand oat hay even if I painstakingly cut it shorter for them. I wouldn't mind them being so picky if they wern't so irrational about it lol.

One of my piggies used to loooove mint and now when I offer it she sniffs it and runs away and hides in her hidey like it's going to murder her lol. They also love short strand oat hay but wont eat long strand oat hay even if I painstakingly cut it shorter for them. I wouldn't mind them being so picky if they wern't so irrational about it lol.
You said it! Totally irrational! But sure it's all part of their attraction and cuteness, isn't it?

My piggy eats bananas, onions, waltermelon
Hi there!
I just wanted to mention that onions can be bad for piggies because of their acidic content, and can make them sick. Not meaning to put you down at all, just was something a bit surprising I thought you might wish to know.

:wel:to the forum! Lovely to have you join! Another US member too! :D

Back