• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Fungal Now Uri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant, thank you Helen, never thought of even looking! Cheap too. I know what I'm doing tomorrow! She's better with a steamer, before it just wasn't enough I guess. Where I went today, she went. people must think I'm mad, but hey, for the love of a beautiful piggy! x

Aww, that's like when Phoebe was poorly, Ross took her everywhere.

It's great to have in the medical box, I put 2 drops of Olbas oil in the water and hold over the nose in 5 second bursts. It helped get Buzz through his first bout of Pneumonia.

Really recommend speaking about a diuretic like Furosemide, we have used it with success in the past. Thinking of you and Marmalade and sending lots of healing vibes for your pretty girl. x x

I am pleased to say, that Marmalade is vastly improved today. The steaming has continued through the night on and off, at 10am which was 30 minutes after another bout of syringe feeding, and a flush of water mixed with a dirolyite (sorry can't spell that), she started wheeking for food. I couldn't believe my ears. She's had a piece of cucumber, eaten some nuggets and is now merrily munching on hay.

She's still wrapped up keeping warm with me on the sofa...she's a different piggy, alert, inquisitive - amazing. I know she's not out of the woods yet and she has a lot of weight to regain and she'll remain with me. There's no more rattling. Sadly, I'm not very well and am sweating another nasty cold, I guess my own immune system is low since it keeps coming back every 2 weeks - I kid you not!

So I only have the energy to just care for her and I'm sofa bound. So as i had originally planned for a vet visit today, I'm holding off (not financial reasons) because I'm proper ill, and she's recovering so i intend on keeping the routine going. Will keep you posted.

Either way, she'll stay with me and no doubt come to work on Monday where I can continue to monitor her and have a check up with the vet.

Healing vibes and wishes and some t.l.c. is clearly working.
x

This is positive news! So glad she is doing so much better. Sorry to hear you're poorly I am too, and have just staggered from my bed as I need to check the piggies all have food and will then be heading straight back.

You are doing a great job and hopefully Marmalade is now on the mend.x

Great news! keep it up Marmalade. Sending you both healing vibes x x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back