• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

G-Force - what does this mean for guinea pigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added to say both of mine have watched the g force film and imogen has not asked me for anymore guinea pigs, but she does go and talk to them all and see of they fancy talking, she much prefers the wheeking!

My son watches it all of the time. Purely because he thinks that Plop is in it.lol. I love the film makes me chuckle

There are two sides to this fence...

Of course, the negative side that people will impulse shop because they want one from the movie, realize it was a lot more work then they anticipated, and then neglect them...

but disney actually does a pretty good job of getting the pets they do 'use' from shelters, and at the end of most of their animal movies it does promote adopting pets that need homes and there has to be quite a few people out there who do the right thing (like us!).

I see where you're coming from but it isn't the fault of disney! It's the parents giving in to their childrens demands if they know they won't pproperly look after them!

I love the film G-force. Darwin's named after well Darwin in the film :))

One thing i really disagree about the film is the fact they ride around in what looks like a hamster ball, which is going to make people think guinea pigs can use them!

My wee nephew loves the film, but i think thats just because i have piggies and he loves my boys. He even says Dustin is his. He did make a comment that the guinea pigs shouldnt be in a hamster ball :)

just wondering if anyone had watched the disney film 'bedtime stories'..i was pretty horrified about the way they 'cared' for the guineapig in that film...giving him burgers and doughnuts to eat....letting him sit on peoples heads etc........

just wondering if anyone had watched the disney film 'bedtime stories'..i was pretty horrified about the way they 'cared' for the guineapig in that film...giving him burgers and doughnuts to eat....letting him sit on peoples heads etc........

I havent seen it. Is that the one with adam sandler?

Grrr, it annoys me that people slate Disney for these sort of things! Anyone with a brain should know not to look for Disney to learn to care for their animals. Whoever heard of two people in a London terraced house having 101 Dalmatians, or frogs that could talk, or mice that rescue small children..:x Disney films are fab, they'll always be my favourite films, but they are fairy tales!

but not all kids realise that tracy...not all of them have super fabby cavy savvy knowledgable parents that will explain that its not ok to feed a GP a sugar filled icing covered doughnut or greasy cheese covered hamburger....and the whole film is 'split' one half real, one half fairytale..and the feeding of crap to the gp lands in the real part...so it would be hard for some kids to see the difference....
I'm not slamming all disney films...I'm a huge disney fan...i just found it not so great the way they make it seem fine to treat the gp like that. they actually have it sitting on adam sandlers head.....what if the pig fell or jumped?

it just really gets my goat...

arent the pigs in gforce CGI anyway
Yes! Most of the Disney films don't feature real animals..

You could argue that about every single Disney film (and other films) though. By watching The Rescuers does that give people the right to assume that mice can wear clothes, or does 101 Dalmatians give the impression that it's OK to wear Dalmatian fur coats? :{

BTW I want the piggy in your avatar, s/he's soooooooooooooooo CUTE!

Yes! Most of the Disney films don't feature real animals..

You could argue that about every single Disney film (and other films) though. By watching The Rescuers does that give people the right to assume that mice can wear clothes, or does 101 Dalmatians give the impression that it's OK to wear Dalmatian fur coats? :{

BTW I want the piggy in your avatar, s/he's soooooooooooooooo CUTE!

thanks he's @ the bridge now :'( i dont really get fazed at animals in movies anyway

This film can only do harm to G / pigs and it makes me angry.

Just like when the Disney Dalmation films and cartoons were released there was a glut of breeders exploiting the public who immediately wanted a cuddly Dalmation puppy.

Thousands of Dallys were left unwanted and often abused at home all over the world because of impulse buying. The rescue centres were left to pick up the carnage.

I hate to say it, but this WILL happen with G / pigs in a few weeks time. The centres will be over run once again.

My advice is not to pay (and don`t put money into the pockets of Disney). Just wait until it comes on TV and see it for free.

If Disney make a profit they will bring out a sequil and it all starts over again in a couple of years.

Sorry to be such a grumpy on this matter but it inevetibly leads to animal exploitation every time you pay to see these Disney films.

Anders, :(

G force has not got any real animals in it so guineas can't get hurt. If people try and attempt to do any of the moves with there guineas, it's almost imposble. Yes that car part is crulty if people try it on real guinea-pigs but it does say it's animal crulty on the movie.

You know CGI films acutally use real life objects so the graphic artists can then computer generate those items, yes?

I worry for all the new GP's that will be purchased as presents.
It's a bit like when all the new andrex puppy adverts came on tv and cute lab puppies where quick "simple" ideas for presents.

but I really want to see the film. I'm torn, do I see it. I guess I can't change how people buy gifts for their children/partners...

I haven't seen G-Force so don't know if there is anything wrong. However, from reading what everyone is saying... to me it sounds wrong to be showing kids, adults the wrong things about guinea pigs.

I think theres a line between showing the wrong and right, heres my example,

A guinea pig eating a doughnut- This I think is wrong as it showing some people what guinea pigs might be allowed to eat. Not everyone researches before they get guinea pigs!

A guinea pig flying a plane- I think this is ok, everyone knows guinea pigs can't do things like that. Small children may believe it but parents can always explain.

I remember when Rio came out. I was so mad as it had some wrong things about keeping parrots. The owner fed it hot chocolate which will in real-life kill a parrot/bird.

bedtime stories

i think that happened with bedtime stories and the guineapig ' bugsy ' he was alone in a small cage and so people think thats ok but g-force was ok and that didnt really happen

It's only a fun film! It's not real or anything so the cartoons aren't hurt by the excersise balls. I just think it's a nice film about guinea pigs. And surely you want to watch a film about the best animals on earth?! They're not portrayed badly, just as spies which I think is awesome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back