• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Garden Visitor

Aarrrhhhh
The suspense is killing me! :yikes:
Need to know!
As bad as watching voting on celebrity shows with the silly long pauses inbetween!

:ple:

But I am impressed with the night vision picture quality- what camera do you have?
I want one for my garden, I know I get foxes but I'm sure someone has nicked a koi from my pond- gutted was my favourite most colourful one too :(
So sorry to hear about your koi :( we were fished a few years ago, could the thief be a heron?

My camera system is a three camera Arlo Pro, very impressed with it.

Ooh thanks for that I'll have a look at camera :nod:

My koi was the black, white&orange blotchy one behind the goldfish

I know he was my friendliest (&greediest fish) he would come when I tapped a stone on the side, but I'm sure a heron would have been back to feast on the rest of them too. Not just pick the best&biggest of the two koi &leave all the other goldfish alone
Its also a raised pond &about 4.5ft deep or 2ft deep in the shallow bit, chances are a heron wouldn't be able to settle anywhere to catch it.

Did you manage to catch your Fisher?

X

DSC_7179.jpg

Ooh thanks for that I'll have a look at camera :nod:

My koi was the black, white&orange blotchy one behind the goldfish

I know he was my friendliest (&greediest fish) he would come when I tapped a stone on the side, but I'm sure a heron would have been back to feast on the rest of them too. Not just pick the best&biggest of the two koi &leave all the other goldfish alone
Its also a raised pond &about 4.5ft deep or 2ft deep in the shallow bit, chances are a heron wouldn't be able to settle anywhere to catch it.

Did you manage to catch your Fisher?

X

View attachment 69487
Stunning koi!
Ah I see, so the rest were left then. It's awful when they are taken :(
I saw the said heron a couple of times and tried decoys, which didn't work. The only thing that did work was an awful net, by then it was too late as we only had small fish left. We found out a few years later that one of them ended up through a conservatory roof of a neighbour! Must've wriggled free or been too big for the heron so it dropped the fish.

I have koi carp on the pond up at my lovely late Mums place that I rent out. They are called Nautilus and Bismarck!

A polecat @Tim that's amazing!

Back