Gas and electric suppliers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
Hope you don't mind telling me who are yours - but we really need to get another supplier.

Our last quarterly bill, which we've got to pay this week is £222 with Scottish Power! It's an awful lot when we only have a 2 bedroomed flat and money is tight!

Have been looking at NPower and Powergen.. With Powergen we can collect Clubcard points with Tesco too.. So kinda swaying towards that.

Just want to know your views :)

bevs

Reaction score
We're with London Energy, had a friend with Powergen and in Jan they gave them a £600 bill and said it was a "catch up bill" and that they do that once a year, to catch up with all the under estimating bills through the year. Nice, just after Christmas ?

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
Thanks! Bloomin hell! :o

Looking more like NPower from USwitch - the rating is 2 out of 5 stars, but their prices are much lower, and they just charge you for what you use - none of this estimation or standing charges!

Still balancing out the figures but there's no way we can stay with Scottish Power!

M

Michele

DONT go with NPOWER they are rubbish. I have been with powergen too and they are rubbish too. I'm with Scottish Power. Do you not have a cap on your rate mine is until 2007. Remember if its not capped then all companies prices have gone up. Just got mine through and it was £347 for a 4 bed departed house. so your sounds about right. remember its also the winter one. Do you pay by driect debit? Also does our actual reading have an A or E after it? My bill is cheaper with scottish then the other two.

I found the custoemr serv ice is really bad withthe other two. really bad.

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
All our bills are estimated - even if I call them with the actual figure it doesn't change! They only come out to read it themselves once a year.

We know it's the winter one, but all our other bills are still quite high. Pay when the bill arrives.. We could do it by direct debit, but looking around first. Our price is also meant to be capped, but it still went up a little

M

Michele

you need to ring and tell them the rate was gone up and your rate is capped. They have to put your reading on. It will then say C after your reading on your bill.

Have you looked to see what your reading is and if the reading on the bill is anywhere near to it. Tell them if they dont do it you will go to watchdog. Give them hell girl !! Mine come out quarterly down here.

Do you pay monthly? I pay £64.50 for both gas and electricity for my house

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
Will do it on Tuesday. Still looking around though. Give them hell, I can do that for sure! LOL

Pay quarterly when we get the bill. We've just been able to sort finances so can now do it through direct debit. But still hoping that maybe we can get someone a bit cheaper?

bevs

Reaction score
Don't forget that when you apply to pay by monthly DD you can get them to include this bill when they are working out your monthly payment

michellemuffin

Reaction score
thats a heck of a bill we live in a 5 bedroom bungalow with 2 ponds with all the electrical equipment needed and believe me that pushes the amount of electric used up big time, but our was only £200 for aflat thats ridiculous, we use southern Electric and also have our gas with them, which is only about £60 a quate,think if you have both with them you get a discount, good luck with sorting it out,

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
Thanks Michelle. A five bedroomed bungalow - oh how I would love to live in one of those!

M

Michele

michellemuffin said:
thats a heck of a bill we live in a 5 bedroom bungalow with 2 ponds with all the electrical equipment needed and believe me that pushes the amount of electric used up big time, but our was only £200 for aflat thats ridiculous, we use southern Electric and also have our gas with them, which is only about £60 a quate,think if you have both with them you get a discount, good luck with sorting it out,
£60 ,a quarter doesn sound right. i had a 1 bedroom flat in the early 90s and it was never £60 per quarter. are you sure. where do you live?

michellemuffin

Reaction score
yep mind you that was summers bill and with the discount from having both together it kept it down, I was surprised, but winters was only £110.
we have got the walls insulated and we did notice a difference with that,
I live on the Isle of wight by the sea, but it never really gets too cold here, unlike Essex where we use to live, my electric is quite high (I think) but we do have the ponds and 2 piggy sheds with lighting and heating so I cannot moan,
the bunglaow was 3 bedrooms but we cvonverted the garage into 2 extra bedrooms,

M

Michele

oh yea forgot you lived on the isle of wight. Still very cheap. I have a newish house and mines still high. but saying that I still have my central heating on cos its so cold. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.