• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Genetics Coursework Qs

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
(c) Mammals reproduce sexually. They do not look exactly like either of their parents. Give two reasons for this.

2) (a)

Huntington's Chorea is a fatal disease which affects muscular co-ordination and mental ability. This disease is inherited but does not appear until the person is about 35 years old.

Although this disease causes death, this dominant allele can be passed to the victim's children. How is this possible.

Any help or advice would be greatly appeciated.

I do this at college, I cant think how to word it all. erm the first Q i would say something about ressessive and dominant genes from the grandparents which are thrown back to the grandchildren (e.g a blonde man and a brunete women have a child with ginger hair because one of there parents is ginger?)

the second one if it isnt shown until the age of 35 they could have had children by then and therefore have passed the allele on before even noticing they had the diesease

not very accurate when i first read them i thought it was simple then my mind went blank lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back