• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Gentian Violet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Went to Roger today for an Ivomec booster for all three. I showed him Scarby's mouth. The sores are still there. Daktarin does seem to get rid of them, but as soon as I stop using it they come back. Roger suggested Gentian Violet (which i know others have used on this forum). He said I could get it at an independent chemist but I have called all of them and they don't have it. is there anywhere you can get it on the internet?

its the best thing for mouth sores and was the only thing that worked on my piggys mouth its not nice having to remove the scabs letting the good skin come through but use a cotton bud and it comes off easily as its dead skin, the oldies are the goodies lol I've just ordered some more for my box as i was getting low,

see Bevs posting earlier from a place called Baldwins it was only £3 something and also Kats got a site address for a larger bottle not sure if its economical as my big bottle I had , had evaporated quite a bit which is why I brought another one

Oh great. I looked at Bev's site and couldn't find GV. What is it called on that site? Sorry for being stupid.

go back on the link Bevs provided and its in front of you I did'nt notice it to begin with, just add quantity and register and then checkout, Bevs link has the info stright to the GV , any probs let me know good luck lol

Got it! Fantastic! I didn't realise it was the same as it didn't have the word violet in it!

I made the same mistake as that, daft pair are'nt we! just got an email to say it was sent today,

got mine today that was very quick was'nt it, they also sent a catalogue as well as some bath oil, shame we only have a shower lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back