• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Gerbil needs vet! I kno not a guinea pig

Strangely enough, now that i have moved abbi next to dot and burnie, abbi is alot more active🤔 maybe its because shes not near the boys or could be because she can hear dot and burnie forraging around

How about going for some degus? They can live up to 8 years old, similar looking to gerbils but about twice their size. Only thing with degus is you can only seem to get the wild colour or white. But that is only a tiny downside to them

Where have you seen white ones? I only see brown and my Marley moo was brown as were all the school degus that we used to look after. Awww I miss my Marley moo and was deverstated when he died :( He made it to 6 although he could have been older as he was estimated at a year when we adopted him

Where have you seen white ones? I only see brown and my Marley moo was brown as were all the school degus that we used to look after. Awww I miss my Marley moo and was deverstated when he died :( He made it to 6 although he could have been older as he was estimated at a year when we adopted him
My local pets at home had white and wild colour ones. Mixed coloured
Not all white

Here is Abbi, my girl gerbil who was found in Abington park in the winter in northampton. Handed in to pets at home by a father and young daughter that spotted her. She is a lone gerbil, she seems happy enough now shes in a warm house with loads of fresh hay, she gets the dregs left over from the pigs bags of hay thats a little too short cut for them
But appreciates it so much. Favourite food is pumpkin seeds👍View attachment 103121

Here is Abbi, my girl gerbil who was found in Abington park in the winter in northampton. Handed in to pets at home by a father and young daughter that spotted her. She is a lone gerbil, she seems happy enough now shes in a warm house with loads of fresh hay, she gets the dregs left over from the pigs bags of hay thats a little too short cut for them
But appreciates it so much. Favourite food is pumpkin seeds👍View attachment 103121

She looks like my late Doug. I love brown gerbils too

Back