Gerbils...any one know if they like to be/get wet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deb

Reaction score
My poor gerbils are looking a bit warm so was wondering if its ok to give them a bit of a dowsing with some water, or give them a dish to bath in and out of ?

Can anyone suggest if its ok or not ?

Thanks

Deb x

((hurry up colder weather....please !))

K

kellyspiggies

i cant hurt can it really put a bowl of water in there cage, i have a gerbil and i dont think he would mind, my house is luckily really cool, i have a ceiling fan and it is decorted in cool cream colours

P

princessguinea

you can bathe them if you want. i had gerbils once and i would put them to swim. but be careful coz they are excellent jumpers!
i wouldnt put a bowl only coz they run around fast and can knock it over.

K

kiraroo

what do you keep your gerbils in? mine are in a large tank filled with soil. when it gets hot i mix water into the soil, it cools them down and binds the soil together to make it easier for them to dig. they certainly dont mind water, i used to have a gerbil that used to like having a little water tipped on her; like having a shower?

P

princessguinea

its okay to bathe the little critters but dont put them back wet, they can get sick.

Deb

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice everyone.

The gerbils are ok, it was only when we had that really hot weather a few weeks back I was a bit worried about them. Its cooled a lot now thankfully.

Will probably be worrying about them being too cold soon with the way our weather is. :D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.