• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Gerty Tasty Bites, good or bad? Ingredients list!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hot fox

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello, this is a new pellet food I am trialling, here's a breakdown from the ingredients list:
Alfafa meal, wheat feed, barley, extruded wheat, soybean hulls, soybean meal, soya oil, calcium carbonate.
Protein 16 pc, crude fibres 12pc fat 4pc, inorganic matter 6.5pc, calcium 0.8pc, phosphorus 0.5pc
Been trying to get my guys off museli, they are onto Wagg at least rather than Gerty. I was keen to move away from the colours in Gerty. They are annoyingly retiscent to try pellets, however they seem to like this stuff, therefore indicating that it's bad for them!?
Am wondering about the fact it's alfafa based and the calcium content? Would welcome any comments. Thanks so much.

I would try them on Wagg Optimum, mine do get the odd spoonful of Wagg Crunch mixed in occasionally but it is additive & colour free, whereas I believe Gerty food isn't. Why it can still be sold with colourants in I don't know as I don't really think the piggies are bothered what their food looks like rolleyes

Please wean them off Gerty as soon as possible, I think you'll find they will love the Wagg Optimum pellets which are small & apparently very tasty according to my three! I think it's a good thing to rotate their food & even mix several together for variety & so they don't become reliant on one particular brand. I mix the two Waggs together with some Oxbow Cavy Cuisine & have got some Excel Blackcurrant & Oregano for them to try as well. :)

This thread has a lot of feed info for you to compare to so should help.
http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=83266

Does make me wonder what the 'inorganic matter' is though ?/

Suzy x

Minerals are strictly speaking, inorganic (in terms of a chemistry stance), even though they may come from biological origins.... but then again surely they'd name the minerals rather than calling them "inorganic matter" {:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back