Getting a rabbit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
If not neutered/spayed, do have this done as it does help any behavioural problems & is beneficial to their health especially does who are highly susceptible to uterine cancer.

Vaccinate yearly against myxomatosis (twice yearly if you're in a high risk area ) & VHD.

Pair with an opposite sex rabbit as they are sociable animals or adopt a bonded pair from rescue.

The minimum recommended hutch size for a pair of small-medium rabbits is 6ft x 2ft x 2ft with access to a run of 8ft x 4ft unless they are house rabbits.

If house rabbits make sure you bunny-proof the room(s)

Feed unlimited hay & a small amount of pellets per day (my pair get 20g BETWEEN them).
If a young bun be careful how & when you introduce veg.

Don't expect to sit & cuddle your rabbit, most don't enjoy it but they may come sit by you & they do generally enjoy nose rubs. With mine it's always on their terms. :))

I'm sure others will have more advice :)

Last edited:

mrs ord

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
No need for more advice you pretty much covered it :))

Join the sister site Rabbits United we will keep you right on there and also they can tell you where your nearest rescue is to adopt from. Please don't buy a rabbit there are thousands in rescue even babies if thats what you really want.

Status
Not open for further replies.