• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Getting a rabbit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
If not neutered/spayed, do have this done as it does help any behavioural problems & is beneficial to their health especially does who are highly susceptible to uterine cancer.

Vaccinate yearly against myxomatosis (twice yearly if you're in a high risk area ) & VHD.

Pair with an opposite sex rabbit as they are sociable animals or adopt a bonded pair from rescue.

The minimum recommended hutch size for a pair of small-medium rabbits is 6ft x 2ft x 2ft with access to a run of 8ft x 4ft unless they are house rabbits.

If house rabbits make sure you bunny-proof the room(s)

Feed unlimited hay & a small amount of pellets per day (my pair get 20g BETWEEN them).
If a young bun be careful how & when you introduce veg.

Don't expect to sit & cuddle your rabbit, most don't enjoy it but they may come sit by you & they do generally enjoy nose rubs. With mine it's always on their terms. :))

I'm sure others will have more advice :)

Last edited:

mrs ord

Junior Guinea Pig
No need for more advice you pretty much covered it :))

Join the sister site Rabbits United we will keep you right on there and also they can tell you where your nearest rescue is to adopt from. Please don't buy a rabbit there are thousands in rescue even babies if thats what you really want.

Status
Not open for further replies.