Go and be DA BOSS at the Rainbow Bridge Velvet

Leafy Lou

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That was a brilliant tribute to Velvet..I feel heartbroken for you, hope you and the rest of the herd feel better in time xx Think I will need to get a hankie myself xx

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Such a beautiful tribute to a very special piggie. I put of coming here for several hours as I knew I would cry when I did.
Sleep tight special girl, the forum is going to miss you.
RIP Velvet.

anyar.dris

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I'm late reading this. We just got back today from our holiday.

I'm sooo sorry for your loss Betsy. 😭

Popcorn free pretty Velvet. ❤

HeatherW

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I'm also catching up after a couple of weeks away. Sorry to hear about poor Velvet. Sending you and the pigs lots of hugs and love. x

Sophie B

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That’s true, just remember that she’s watching over you all from her comfy blanket/bed at the rainbow bridge x

Whortleberry

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
A bit better thanks. It helps that I am busy atm. When I remember that Velvet isn't here anymore I do burst into tears which is only natural I suppose - part of the grieving process.
I think that tears are a natural response to losing her. She isn't where your brain and heart expect and hope her to be and little things and memories are a reminder of the wrongness of her absence.

I don't know if it helps to hear from someone else whose gone through a loss at around the same time (if it doesn't , please ignore the following!). I've found that "firsts" (and "lasts") have been hardest: the first time going to shop for veg for just me and not getting "the right" lettuce / cucumber / peppers; the first time I came home to no little warm bodies who once would have instantly insisted on veg; the last trip to the muck heap with old hay; the final wash of cage liners. And although I have a lot more space in my house (it's amazing the amount of room small piggies take up!) it's absolutely "not right." My sense is that it improves a bit with time, so that each time I revisit the remembering of the loss it is a little easier and perhaps a little more bitter-sweet rather than just desperately sad and unbearable. I still long for a final cuddle, but I am also very grateful for having Tinsel and Sparkle in my life.

May things get a little more bearable for you with each tear 💕