• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Going well so far

Ok so I've just done the big cage clean out and weighed them all. Here's the weights

Scarlett 480 (+45)
Nutmeg 446 (-9)
Pom pom 474 (+24)

Obviously not happy nutmeg has lost weight but she's clearly the bottom pig. Will do more sweet potato etc for her and see where we are next week.

Don't be worried at all about a loss of 9 grams. I weigh my six boys every day as I have a few with health issues so I like to monitor, and it's insane how much they fluctuate day by day with no real reason. Some days they can go up and down 50 grams, and then lose or put it all back on and more the next day! It's very dependent on poos, wees, how much they've ate and how much they haven't! It's general trends that you're looking for; steady decreases and, hopefully, steady increases!

Don't be worried at all about a loss of 9 grams. I weigh my six boys every day as I have a few with health issues so I like to monitor, and it's insane how much they fluctuate day by day with no real reason. Some days they can go up and down 50 grams, and then lose or put it all back on and more the next day! It's very dependent on poos, wees, how much they've ate and how much they haven't! It's general trends that you're looking for; steady decreases and, hopefully, steady increases!

Ah great. Thanks for that. I won't fret then 👍

I just put 3 together yesterday afternoon - great idea to weigh them to see who is the underpig! One of mine was born 25th jan and the other 31st jan and they are around the 670g mark but they are teddies so, comparing with the weights of yours, I'm hoping these will grow huge! I do love a big fuzzy pig!

They are with my adult dutch boar and he should be slim and sleek but he is a bit pudding shaped as he was thieving everything from his poorly cagemate until very recently (cagemate passed away)

Will be keeping an eye on your thread, lovely to see yours bonded so well :D

Pom Pom 544 (+12)
Scarlett 515 (-16)
Nutmeg 545 (+53)

The girls are doing well still. It seems nutmeg is the one making the best progress after a slow start. Pom pom and Scarlett seem to be squabbling most of the time while Nutmeg just stuffs her face. It's all fascinating.

Attachments

• IMG_20190612_064440.jpg
    IMG_20190612_064440.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20190609_125730.jpg
    IMG_20190609_125730.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 2
Sounds like Scarlet and Pom Pom are arguing it out for positions x they are gorgeous little ladies x

Sounds like Scarlet and Pom Pom are arguing it out for positions x they are gorgeous little ladies x

Yes they certainly are. It all seems rather amicable overall. They all let me stroke them in their cage and seem to tolerate being held (although the squeak a fair bit). Wonderful creatures 🥰

Back