• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Gone to a good home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My boy, Rory, is on his own, and to be honest he seems to really enjoy it. Rory was always part of a large group. At one point he had 12 ladyfriends. However, in recent years he has lived with just a couple of wives and after they passed away I got hm a new wife. This worked well for a few weeks and then she attacked him. Two of his previous ladyfriends moved back in with him and one of them attacked him. During this time he lost a lot of weight and became really withdrawn. Since being on his own he has gained all the weight he lost, plus more besides, and he's a really happy little guy. I am possibly going to get him a baby sow, but he's doing so well on his own, I am very reluctant to change things. Whilst I prefer my piggies to have cagemates, I really think Rory has made it quite clear he likes the single life.

As long as your little guy seems happy then don't feel rushed into getting him a friend. I think most piggies prefer to have cagemates but I truly believe in some cases they are happier alone.

My boy, Rory, is on his own, and to be honest he seems to really enjoy it. Rory was always part of a large group. At one point he had 12 ladyfriends. However, in recent years he has lived with just a couple of wives and after they passed away I got hm a new wife. This worked well for a few weeks and then she attacked him. Two of his previous ladyfriends moved back in with him and one of them attacked him. During this time he lost a lot of weight and became really withdrawn. Since being on his own he has gained all the weight he lost, plus more besides, and he's a really happy little guy. I am possibly going to get him a baby sow, but he's doing so well on his own, I am very reluctant to change things. Whilst I prefer my piggies to have cagemates, I really think Rory has made it quite clear he likes the single life.

As long as your little guy seems happy then don't feel rushed into getting him a friend. I think most piggies prefer to have cagemates but I truly believe in some cases they are happier alone.
Yeah exactly, I haven't seen him more happy than he is right now. I think he was getting depressed being with the other boys, I know apparently they get depressed on their own but like you said, sometimes I think certain guineas like their own company (just like humans!) x

my mums boy is on his own, hes well happy. He shows no interest in my two boys whatsoever, he just wants his mummy, daddy and auntie Karina!

x)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back